The mkiv Supra Owners Club

V8 Supra: Then and now

Delboy52

When I first bought my car it already had a Soarer V8 and matt paint. It wasn't my original intention to change the engine but I did, and it's now the VVTi version. It is my intention however to get a full respray and nicer alloys, hopefully in 2017! Which gave me the idea of taking the car back to the spot I first photographed it shortly after buying it from RXV8 on here. Wasn't blessed with the same light as before but made do! ;)

Edited by Delboy52 (see edit history)

That engine fits very nicely in there, looks like it was made for it! Great install :) Deffo love the body changes you've made too!

Not being negative here, but your rear tyres are mixed type in the 2016 pic.. is that advisable/safe to run like that on a car with a load of power? Perhaps its a temporary thing, I dunno :) Just seen Mike asked the same.

What arches are they and how much wider than stock front and rear?

They are Grams OE/Nur style. 20mm wider on each front, 25mm wider each side rear.

Much prefer the stockist look. Significant improvement all round. Did you get the active aero working?

What are you plans with regards to repainting it?

Thank mate. It's the active front that I bought and collected from you :) Although I'm using a carbon blade. I have one of AndrewOW's full loom override modules that I bought and stored for years until myself and DavidP got around to fitting it all this year.

Plan is to get those rear arches sorted out and blended in, custom made Work wheels made up to fit the arches, paint is almost certainly going to be a modern Renault red.

So much better now mate, you've made some great changes to her and that engine just looks unreal :D

Thanks mate. Your car inspired me on the brake choice! :thumbs:

Mismatched rear tyres are in for 2016 :p? Car looks really nice, loving the bay

Thanks mate ;) I had to replace the driver rear as it was too far gone. They will all get changed when the new wheels are ready.

That's bad-ass Delboy! :cool:

Cheers mate :D

That engine fits very nicely in there, looks like it was made for it! Great install :) Deffo love the body changes you've made too!

Not being negative here, but your rear tyres are mixed type in the 2016 pic.. is that advisable/safe to run like that on a car with a load of power? Perhaps its a temporary thing, I dunno :) Just seen Mike asked the same.

Yes mate, they are temporary until the new wheels are ready. You guys have a dectectives eye! Haha.

Any dyno graphs? Very interested in the torque

Yes I do but the result was much less than what was expected at 256bhp on a dyno day. The fuel pressure regulator was set too high at the time so my AFR was off, and the intake has since been re-designed as the previous one had a restriction. Several other things have since been changed and all the ECU errors are now clear.

It should be around the 300bhp, 300 lb-ft mark. Was a see-where-we-are event for the car. First run was promising at 320hp but was void due to a miscalculation of some sort.

Supra_Dyno_P1.jpg

Supra_Dyno_P2.jpg

Tomorrow the engine is going in for a BG induction clean to hopefully blast out any restrictive coke in the combustion chamber. Similar to Terraclean but I've read this is more effective. Am also having the oil control valve filters replaced in case they are restritive to the function of the VVT system.

Something or things were robbing power on the dyno day and plenty has changed since. It drives pretty nicely at the moment and can knock your head back on acceleration, just doesn't keep it there ;)