The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need some help from the supra experts

touristmk4

Hi everyone hope ur day is going well. so i have a few questions that i been holding off driving my supra until i resolved. Any input on any of my issues will be greatly appreciated :)

1. IAC valve- bought the the car with AEM v1. and no IACV (idled smoothly). then upgraded to AEM infinity and having idle problems on cold start. bought the IACV but i dont know where to connect the part to. seems like they were deleted and have no reference to go on, from where the line inputs into the valve.

2. Fuel system- I tuned my car to E85 so had to replace the fuel system to be compatible.i have a dual feed setup ( FPR, 2- fuel pumps,filters, fuel lines) upgraded from 255lph to 405 lph, both pumps run at the same time and seems like fuel is getting mixed in with my oil. when i open the oil cap i can smell the fumes. not sure if its because of the pressure the injectors have to resist or another part i need to replace.

3. Had my alternator rebuilt because why not, and was having charging problems, had to replace my battery twice, and checked all the cables and all checked out, but i dont know how to check the 3 pin connector, one checks with ground another with fuse box and the 3rd not sure how to test that one. I played with it a bit and now it goes from 12.5v igntion off to 13.5 ignition on, i would like to know if thats the nominal range. i checked my other car and it went from 12.5 to 14.5 so that 1v difference has me baffled.

Any insight, knowledge, experience, pics even will go a long way to get this bad girl out in the streets again, i procrastinated and ended up missing siv2016 i can eventually figure this out just always seem to be short on time.

here is my current setup. Thanks

1. The fitting is at the back of the intake if its been deleted your probably going to need to replace the intake depending on how its been deleted.http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?210956-How-To-Clean-Idle-Control-Valve-Cleaning-Aka-ICV-(IAC)

2.what are your afr's like fuel in the oil sounds like your running mega rich and getting bore wash which can seriously damage the engine.

3.13.5 is abit low but should be fine could be the rebuild or a corroded pin.

Problems 1 and 2 sound like a tuning issue since it was fine until you replaced the ecu , rough idle and fuel in the oil do point to very rich idle it should be mid 12's cold start and mid 14's warm idle

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

thanks mellonman for the reply, i really appreciate the help

Intake manifold has the fitting, the coolant/pressure/vac lines are the ones i dont know where on the engine in connects to.

just bought a new afr gauge, i broke my laptop and my old gauge was acting up so lets see what my afr are. what i can remember is idle at 15-16 so will look into that

i had the car tuned when i replaced the ecu, it was running ok warmed up, until i replaced the fuel pumps, lines and regulator i also replaced the turbo but doubt that has anything to do with it.

could it be the pressure on the regulator or the pumps feeding too much?

also i when i replaced ecu i am now unable to shut the pumps down after prime.they stay on when car ign on >crank off

feels like the upgrade from aem v1 to aem infinity isnt so much of an upgrade xD

If you have a higher preasure from the regulator then you will flow more fuel.

These links might help with the vac/preasure/coolent lines

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?35925-Engine-component-locations http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?35924-Sequential-turbo-hoses

Just see your setup picture nice ,

Not sure if that intake manifold has the iac plate , are your sure your on about the right part as the iacv is part of the sequential system , the idle control valve is different check through the links to confirm and get that afr on and check

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)