The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2jz gte Porsche 924 street drag car build

Mr mad

Hi I'm Jay been on the forum a while now... in the background all be it

My car is not to everbodys taste but I'm sure you guys will like the chosen engine 😉

It's a Porsche 924 Carrera gt bodied has had numerous engine and gear box conversions to date .

From stroker rover v8s to small block Chevys with nitrous to small block Chevy with procharger which was the last engine which made nearly 900hp and was driven to and from the track and would run mid 10s @140mph on small 225 tread drag radials .

A few years ago I decided to give the car a refresh so removed the running gear and as always things got out of hand and I decided to get a 7.50 chassis built still planning to run the Chevy then after have the car stored for a few years having to concentrate on other things I went back to it but in the meantime was being convinced by a good mate to go over to the dark side lol being import motors so the 2jzgte was chosen .

I'm not an automatic fan so gearbox of choice at the moment is a Lenco 4 speed

The old chassis didn't end up meeting my requirements so that was scrapped and now I'm having built a full chrome moly chassis built to 7.50 spec more than likely needing to be tagged into the 6 second zone

I have been dealing with Lee p at Srd as he's my engine builder of choice with this project and has been supplying major parts as we go (I can't recommend him enough top fella and company )

We originally went for a precision 6870 but I felt that we should go hard out the gate so we upped it to a precision pro mod 91mm with twin 50mm Hks gt11 gates

I will uploads pics of parts we have so far and where we are at with the build

Cheers

Jay

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic