The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Working holiday/Travel

Hitbox Junkie

Once the supra is finished and I've paid off a small loan taken before I bought the car I'm looking to save some cash and go on a working holiday working with huskies in a snowy place. Canada Finland norway Iceland etc.

Has anyone done anything similar. Looking for opinions and advice really. I will be 25 and may conside leaving my job to go do this but keep the car in storage until I return.

Want to do this before I start to get a deposit together. While I'm still young and can find work maybe even a career change while I'm still at this age and no big ties.

I'm into photography and video blogs so this would also make for a blog when it happens.

At the moment the only ties I've got is the loan which inwill be looking to pay off once the car is finished.

Everything else such as contract phones etc can all be canceled by this time.

All advice and information wellcome

You'll need a firm plan in place to do the blog thing well. It's harder than people think, and there are loads of people out there doing similar.

But I'd say do it and make it work. You're young so get out there and enjoy life.

Oh I will be. Just wondering if people on here have done anything similar. Will be doing it with a friend hopefully next year when she's off uni.

You'll need to be looking at more specific sites, pretty limited scope on here for people who will have done the same.

But I do remember when I went husky sledding in Norway 2 years ago there was a family run group that did it who also employed 4 people from differing nationalities on a working holiday type thing.

I can't remember the company/group now but we booked it through the main tourist office in Tromso, sure there will be some contact information on the web (plus with the nature of it there will be dozens of similar companies).

You'll need to be looking at more specific sites, pretty limited scope on here for people who will have done the same.

But I do remember when I went husky sledding in Norway 2 years ago there was a family run group that did it who also employed 4 people from differing nationalities on a working holiday type thing.

I can't remember the company/group now but we booked it through the main tourist office in Tromso, sure there will be some contact information on the web (plus with the nature of it there will be dozens of similar companies).

Yeah the girl I know is currently in south Africa on a working holiday with horses for a month, will be looking online and emailing places :)