The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Lease Deals

MattP

I know a few of you on here lease cars I am currently in the market for a new daily who do you all use.

I'm currently looking for a new S3 on personal Lease if that helps.

I'm not looking for PCP etc etc

Prices are coming back around £350 at the minute does anyone know of a better deal?

I know you said "no PCP" but when I looked into getting my last car there was practically no difference between the financial side of getting a car on lease or on PCP. The initial outlay (deposit or initial rental) was similar and the monthly finance or rental fee was about the same. In fact I initially set out to get a car on lease but changed my mind and went for PCP because I couldn't see any advantages for leasing. A lot of PCP finances chemes also throw in the first few services now, as well.

I got a Merc B180 Sport Executive for £3000 down and £356 per month with three services thrown in, over 4 years @ 20,000 miles per year. Plus I have the option of using the a proportion of the resale value (supposedly about £8000) of the car as a deposit on my next one.

I just looked at a leasing website and the equivalent lease deal is:

£2873 down (9 months rental), £319 per month, 4 years, 20000miles no servicing - and obviously no residual value.

I think maybe leasing makes more sense if you run a business. Have a colleague who is self employed and both he and his wife (who is an employee of his company) lease their cars.

Bought an A5 outright last time definitely not worth buying compared to leasing.

Really don't want the hassle of trying to sell a car again.

My wife has recently used http://www.leasingoptions.co.uk/ to get her new car. We leased a new Kia Sportage Gt Line, over 3 years, £900 total deposit, 10k miles a year for £257 a month. To be honest it was a bit of a no brainer compared to buying it from Kia.

Are you comparing finance for buying outright to leasing, or finance for a short-term PCP and then simply handing the car back at the end of the deal? The latter means you don't have to worry about selling the car again, as the dealer simply takes it off your hands (provided it is in good nick - same as a lease scheme).

Had one on PCP (finance). Then bought the next outright (Cash) now I want a Lease as it is clear that deposits maintenance and actual monthly cost will still work out significantly cheaper than the other two options.

Hmm, OK well that's not what I found (lease versus PCP) but I guess it differs for individual deals and different cars...

It's silly that Audi can't give me a better PCP deal than a third party lease company.

Audi want triple the average lease deposit on the S3 plus about £100 more a month for the actual car.

The problem is the equity that should be left in the car via PCP in 2 years time with the mileage I will do 20-30k will leave me with nothing anyway.

It's silly that Audi can't give me a better PCP deal than a third party lease company.

Audi want triple the average lease deposit on the S3 plus about £100 more a month for the actual car.

The problem is the equity that should be left in the car via PCP in 2 years time with the mileage I will do 20-30k will leave me with nothing anyway.

That all sounds very odd. None of the main dealers I visited (VW, BMW, Ford, Skoda, Vauxhall, Volvo, Merdedes) specified a default or minimum amount for the deposit. As far as I could tell It could literally be as much or as little as I wanted. It doesn't sound right that Audi wants a large deposit AND large monthly payments, and then are still saying the residual value will be low on a short deal with average mileage.

Maybe its becaue on such a short deal they cannot make enough money off the finance on a 2-year scheme. Is this PCP on a new car or a 2nd hand car?

That all sounds very odd. None of the main dealers I visited (VW, BMW, Ford, Skoda, Vauxhall, Volvo, Merdedes) specified a default or minimum amount for the deposit. As far as I could tell It could literally be as much or as little as I wanted. It doesn't sound right that Audi wants a large deposit AND large monthly payments, and then are still saying the residual value will be low on a short deal with average mileage.

Maybe its becaue on such a short deal they cannot make enough money off the finance on a 2-year scheme. Is this PCP on a new car or a 2nd hand car?

New car on PCP it was mate.

Same as my last one 6k deposit but then they still want more than £400 monthly cost.

The leases I have been offered range between £335-360 a month and a 2k deposit.

It's not even close is it :/

I can have maintenance for £2 a month aswell on one of the leases.

Well, Audi has an online finance calculator. Comparing PCP and lease like-for-like with the same term, initial deposit and annual mileage, yeah you will pay through the nose for PCP because the deal is so short. However the Audi calculator still says tha car will have over £20k of value left in it at the end, so that part still doesn't stack up.

Also, if you have £6k to put down, then the monthly payments should be under £300, not over £400.

If you extended it to 4 years (which I understand you may not want to do) the payments would be about £280 per month and you would still have £16k value left in the car at the end.

Maybe your local Audi dealer is trying to pull a fast one? These deals are available nationally, so it is not like they can put one thing on the website and then offer you something when you walk in the door.

I think theres a bit of confusion here this is the car i would be looking at and this is the flat rate audi would charge for it with what i would be putting down.

Bear in mind this is without the optional paint etc that would again be more. Basically £670 with £1100 and £900 contribution.

https://soa.audi.co.uk/pdb-webservices/services/rest/finance/v2/quote/pdf?

model=S3+Sportback&range=A3&trim=S3+Sportback&modelCode=8VFS3Y%5C0%5CMSNRS3C%5CGYMAYMA&deposit=1100.00&mileage=15&period=24&productType=SOLUTIONS&nocache=1472224058405

The lease companys which are all roughly the same this one for example (not the cheapest) have emailed me an offer for the same spec as above (stock s-tronic sportback) 15000 miles £2000 initial payment £345 monthly.

http://www.vesource.co.uk/vehicle/go/item/474/vehicle/audi-a3-sportback--s3-2.0-tfsi-quattro-310-s-tronic