The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Doing my bit for the Supra world!!!

ShawnPreece

Yesterday iv been a got myself another Supra :) will be my 7th Supra now (only my 5th MKIV)

This Supra however is abit of a dog so doing my bit and planning to bring her up to scratch and give her the life that she deserves...

I have seen the following 2 threads on this car which slate its condition and are true that it does need ALOT of work however im happy to do this :) the threads are here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?336020-Found-this-Auto-supra-on-ebay&highlight=ebay+single

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?334661-Found-a-supra!

First problem being the oil leak....

In all fairness they claimed that it was coming from the front crank seal and having the same problem on my Supra not long ago all the symptoms were the same and was only a very small trickle leaking while running. Chances are the pump has gone to cause this.

Second problem being the power steering fluid leak...

This seemed to be coming from the steering rack, will need replacing.

Third problem the half complete conversion...

well tbf its not even half done, still running standard TT auto ECU, does have a front mount but is tiny so will need uprating for single setup and still standard injectors etc... Potentially return this to stock TT but will hopefully complete the conversion and do it properly so its running right, will still be using the stock auto box so wont be going for huge power just a small single set up probably.

Fourth problem the colour...

I have to admit from looking at pictures I had accounted for a full respray and this quite probably will be the case but the colour is actaully so much better in person than in pics, the bodywork does require tiding though, rust wise it was actually great and couldn't find any anywhere but are alot of scratches around it and has a crack in the front bumper too.

There are alot of other issues too which I will list in detail when it comes to the build thread but all are sortable to bring this car back to life. After topping up the oil because of the leak and starting it up it actually fired up straight away and run really sweet.

This will be a longer project and in no rush to get in finished so would hope to get most if not all done over the winter but im to no timescale so will be taken all along the time it needs and hopefully bring her to a condition where she can enjoy the rest of her life :)

When I get round to starting the project I will do a full build thread to keep the updates coming :)

Lastly although this is a dog its pretty cool to say atm that I own 2 single turbo'd Supra's ;) haha

Anyway dont pay to much attention to these but here's a few pics...

Looks nice ! Do love the colour

That's a big turbo, what power are you hoping to get out of it ?

Good luck with the project mate

Thanks mate :) that turbo will be taken off though and replaced with a smaller one as il leave the stock auto box in so this turbo would take a lifetime to spool for the amount of power id be aiming to get out of it, will be aiming for around the 550bhp just so its a nice reliable small single build :)

I looked at this on eBay . Not a bad buy for the price how does its drive ?

yeah definitely mate I always like to learn and have a project so couldn't grumble for the price :) in all fairness engine and gearbox seem great, fires up straight away and runs really smooth, just a lack of fluid a few mins after starting isnt the best :rlol:

Nice (as in good project) was looking at it on fleabay, cheap enough if you know what you're doing and you clearly do. Either a good one for you or make money out of.

Yeah kind of planning abit of both, after its finished will have it on the road a little bit to enjoy it for a while (maybe a year) and also to check that everything is good and reliable and then sell it on after :) In no rush to complete it though I got a few bits I want to do to my other Supra over winter aswell which would take priority but hopefully still get chance to finish this before the end of winter if possible :)

thats a nice turbo! i also like the supra you can just see attached to it

hahaha yeah it is a size, to big though so it will be going :)