The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE 2016 FAQ's and General information thread

Al Massey

Hi all,

So, with JAE a month away it’s time I get this FAQ thing sorted! Please keep an eye on this thread, as I’ll be updating it as I think of things! The event itself is being held 8th-11th September at Newark showground.

Event opening time is 12pm on the Thursday, If people arrive early in the day, please bare with me whilst I set up. any help will be appreciated

Before I go link crazy, you must make sure you familiarise yourself with their safety notices:

http://japcarclub.org/index.php/club-information/club-safety

If you want any more general event info, the actual JAE website itself is very good, and can be found here:

http://www.japcarclub.org/

We're located in Tatsumi, plots T12-T19. Here is the map:

http://japcarclub.org/index.php/club-information/car-club-locations/tatsumi

There are event rules about separation between tents and cars, so please do not just pitch your tent anywhere, and be prepared to take some direction on this when you arrive at the stand. I'm not being difficult, it will just save a lot of aggro in the long run! Once you’ve set up camp, I’d like cars moved to a designated area on the stand that I'll tell you about.

Generally most people are getting involved with the big barbeque, but for the few that aren’t it’s worth noting that barbequeue’s are not allowed near the tents. There is a cooking roster so people know when mealtimes are. If you miss these, please don't complain you're hungry:

Volunteers needed for cooking and washing up, otherwise you won't eat :)

Friday

Breakfast: 8am-10am (Chef = Adi )

Lunch: 12.30pm-2pm (Chef = )

Evening meal: 6pm-8pm (Chef = )

Late BBQ: 10.30pm (Chef = )

Saturday

Breakfast: 8am-10am (Chef = )

Evening meal: 6pm-8pm (Chef = Adi)

Sunday:

Remainder TBC

Shower and toilet facilities at the venue are very good, but note that towels and toiletries are not being provided by the club!

Remember to purchase your entry ticket from the JAE people; the ticket from the club shop only covers food and drink.When you arrive, please come and see me for your wrist band. You will need to keep it on all weekend as this tells us you've paid for food and drink.

Your food and drink for the weekend should be covered. In terms of alcohol there will be some kind of beer, some kind of cider, and some kind of wine. Various soft drinks etc too. If you want to bring anything more personal please feel free. The BBQ will be going at various points over the weekend as per the above timetable. We're also having cooked meals on the Friday and Saturday nights. If you have any special dietary requirements please give me a shout - I know we have a few veggies. Please note that the Thursday night is NOT a club funded drinking night.

There are a few bits and pieces you will need to bring with you as follows:

- Tent/sleeping gear

- Chair

- Bowl/Plate

- Knife/Fork/Spoon

- Mug

- Something to keep you warm at night.

If you get stuck, my mobile number is 07525351703

Remember to bring your event entry tickets! The club ticket only covers food and drink!

See everyone this weekend :)

Edited by Al Massey (see edit history)

Hi all,

So, with JAE a month away it’s time I get this FAQ thing sorted! Please keep an eye on this thread, as I’ll be updating it as I think of things! The event itself is being held 8th-11th September at Newark showground.

Event opening time is 12pm on the Thursday, If people arrive early in the day, please bare with me whilst I set up. any help will be appreciated

Before I go link crazy, you must make sure you familiarise yourself with their safety notices:

http://japcarclub.org/index.php/club-information/club-safety

If you want any more general event info, the actual JAE website itself is very good, and can be found here:

http://www.japcarclub.org/

We're located in Tatsumi, plots T12-T19. Here is the map:

http://japcarclub.org/index.php/club-information/car-club-locations/tatsumi

There are event rules about separation between tents and cars, so please do not just pitch your tent anywhere, and be prepared to take some direction on this when you arrive at the stand. I'm not being difficult, it will just save a lot of aggro in the long run! Once you’ve set up camp, I’d like cars moved to a designated area on the stand that I'll tell you about.

Generally most people are getting involved with the big barbeque, but for the few that aren’t it’s worth noting that barbequeue’s are not allowed near the tents. There is a cooking roster so people know when mealtimes are. If you miss these, please don't complain you're hungry:

Volunteers needed for cooking and washing up, otherwise you won't eat :)

Friday

Saturday

Sunday:

Remainder TBC

Shower and toilet facilities at the venue are very good, but note that towels and toiletries are not being provided by the club!

Remember to purchase your entry ticket from the JAE people; the ticket from the club shop only covers food and drink.When you arrive, please come and see me for your wrist band. You will need to keep it on all weekend as this tells us you've paid for food and drink. In case you don’t know me, ask for Adi.

Your food and drink for the weekend should be covered. In terms of alcohol there will be some kind of beer, some kind of cider, and some kind of wine. Various soft drinks etc too. If you want to bring anything more personal please feel free. The BBQ will be going at various points over the weekend as per the above timetable. We're also having cooked meals on the Friday and Saturday nights. If you have any special dietary requirements please give me a shout - I know we have a few veggies. Please note that the Thursday night is NOT a club funded drinking night.

There are a few bits and pieces you will need to bring with you as follows:

- Tent/sleeping gear

- Chair

- Bowl/Plate

- Knife/Fork/Spoon

- Mug

- Something to keep you warm at night.

If you get stuck, my mobile number is 07525351703

Remember to bring your event entry tickets! The club ticket only covers food and drink!

See everyone this weekend :)

If your going to copy and paste then at least change the info :rlol: I thought your name was Allan :think: :p

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Friday

Breakfast: 8am-10am (Chef = Adi ) (Wash up = Alex )

Lunch: 12.30pm-2pm (Chef = inazone ) (Wash up = )

Evening meal: 6pm-8pm (Chef = Rosie) (Wash up = Rachel FG )

Late BBQ: 10.30pm (Chef = ) (Wash up = )

Saturday

Breakfast: 8am-10am (Chef = Rachel FG ) (Wash up = )

Lunch: 12.30pm-2pm (Chef = inazone) (Wash up = )

Evening meal: 6pm-8pm (Chef = Adi) (Wash up = )

Late BBQ: 10.30pm (Chef = ) (Wash up = Rosie)

Sunday:

Breakfast: 8am-10am (Chef = Rosie) (Wash up = Alex )

Remainder TBC

Edited by drift_bear
Added Rachel's shifts (see edit history)

Oops, left my post half written too long!

Let Alex have his pick. Mine revised:

Friday dinner chef (depending on what is required, I've messaged you Al)

Saturday late BBQ wash up

Sunday Breakfast Chef.

Don't need to wait for me, you've already got me added to the following post on wash up duties ;)

Friday

Breakfast: 8am-10am (Chef = Adi ) (Wash up = Alex drift_bear & Daz)

Lunch: 12.30pm-2pm (Chef = inazone ) (Wash up = JoJo & MT)

Evening meal: 6pm-8pm (Chef = Rosie) (Wash up = Rachel FG & Rosie )

Late BBQ: 10.30pm (Chef = Megan ) (Wash up = )

Saturday

Breakfast: 8am-10am (Chef = Rachel FG ) (Wash up = Karrie & Axl )

Lunch: 12.30pm-2pm (Chef = inazone) (Wash up = Megan )

Evening meal: 6pm-8pm (Chef = Adi) (Wash up = Chrissie & Girth)

Late BBQ: 10.30pm (Chef = Karrie & Axl ) (Wash up = Dane )

Sunday:

Breakfast: 8am-10am (Chef = Rosie) (Wash up = Alex drift_bear & Daz)

Remainder TBC

Edited by Supragal (see edit history)

Clay - are you ok for: wash up late BBQ on the Friday & Breakfast Sunday am? Hoping to double up for all of them though as it's horrible doing it on your own.

Friday

Breakfast: 8am-10am (Chef = Adi ) (Wash up = Alex drift_bear & Daz)

Lunch: 12.30pm-2pm (Chef = inazone ) (Wash up = JoJo & MT)

Evening meal: 6pm-8pm (Chef = Rosie) (Wash up = Rachel FG & Rosie )

Late BBQ: 10.30pm (Chef = Megan ) (Wash up = Clay )

Saturday

Breakfast: 8am-10am (Chef = Rachel FG ) (Wash up = Karrie & Axl )

Lunch: 12.30pm-2pm (Chef = inazone) (Wash up = Megan )

Evening meal: 6pm-8pm (Chef = Adi) (Wash up = Chrissie & Girth)

Late BBQ: 10.30pm (Chef = Karrie & Axl ) (Wash up = Dane )

Sunday:

Breakfast: 8am-10am (Chef = Clay) (Wash up = Alex drift_bear & Daz)

Remainder TBC

Edited by Supragal (see edit history)

Hello guys, I am considering coming up for a day visit on the Saturday to meet some of the members of this forum... does anyone know how much a day ticket is? I saw the full weekend ones were £45 which I don't want to be paying for a single day in a field!!

From the photos on the website it looks like a right laugh!

I'm not sure how much day tickets are as yet

I'll try to find out.

But as Clay mentioned, it will be public day tickets, so you won't be able to drive in