The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How to stop boost cut

Guest supragt45

Guest supragt45

Heard it doesn't work on Japanese imports? J specs need manual installations like external pump larger injectors depending on upgrade and fuel pressure regulator? Is that nonsense and I can just go with fcd?

Guest supragt45

Hi Chris,thanks...Im looking at 500hp on 10-12psi on a single turbo 1.05 A/R -0.66 A/R . Before my upgrade,with my stock twins boost would cut on 16psi. Thought an fcd would do the trick but heard they don't work on j-specs. I'm looking at an hks fcd about $116

To be fair if you was running stock ecu on a single turbo at 10-12psi you shouldnt hit boost cut,and if you did it may have just saved your engine, you need a ecu to adjust fueling and timing to run a sigle turbo correctly ...

If not det / knock could be happening grenading your engine

I've merged both of your threads and given this thread a better title. If you say what your issue is in the title you'll get more help, and people searching for the same issue will be able to find it too.

Search sounds like something that would help you in this case :) good luck!