The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuming.. Bloody Insurance.. Sky

a98pmalcolm

I just need to vent as I'm so pissed off..

So some bell end on Sunday was pulling into a car park as I was exiting, of which was on a bend, he decides to drive on my side so I have to pull to the left so we don't collide resulting in a scrape on my freshly painted front bumper..

So I polity tell them what there inability to drive on the correct side has done to my car and they couldn't care less so insurance it is..

Called my insurance, we have CCTV footage and so I leave it in there hands, if I can claim great if not life goes on and I'm in the loss as per..

So I have a call from Sky today telling me as my renewal is today (which I know and all was agreed and sorted last week) they called me to make me aware that there is now an additional premium of £200 due to an unsettled claim.. Even though I'm claiming on there god damn insurance!!

So I have no other option to cancel the claim, lose out and pay for the damage myself. Sky couldn't even help me out being a customer for bloody years.. I didn't call around to get a better price..

I don't get it?? There i no claim or attempted claim on my policy!!!

Due to this, I'm calling HIC..

I'm done...:banghead:

Guest Budz86

Sky are rubbish now! They have incorrectly recorded 2 at fault claims on my record in the last year (there is one apparently, but I wasn't aware they had paid anything). I got a call from the underwriter at the time asking what happened and was told they'd "take care of it", then heard nothing more. Sky have now said they can't quote for a renewal! I informed them the records they have are incorrect and they told me they would confirm with the underwriters and get back to me....that was a week ago!

New policy now sorted through Flux, and it gives me better cover than I previously had. With the accident declared it's still cheaper than Sky for this past year. Sky were a pain last year at renewal too, just quoting well over the odds for some reason, then did it at almost half the price when I said I could get it cheaper! Think Flux know they lost a lot of business to Sky over the last few years and are now trying to win it back; Sky appear to be getting complacent

they tried doing me over too, this winter i went into the back of someoen due to black ice. guy didn't care so just called Sky insurance to let them know... they bumped up my premium and revoked my no claims bonus (depsite NCD protection)

I told them in enthusiastic detail what I thought about them

With Admiral now who've been great

they tried doing me over too, this winter i went into the back of someoen due to black ice. guy didn't care so just called Sky insurance to let them know... they bumped up my premium and revoked my no claims bonus (depsite NCD protection)

I told them in enthusiastic detail what I thought about them

With Admiral now who've been great

How can they revoke your no claims when you pay for protection ?!

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe we should have a poll as to remove them as club insurer? Why promote their company any longer? I won't be going with them after reading this.

It's looking that way !

I personally still like sky and have just renewed with them. My experience and my mates of flux is piss poor.

They have always been the most helpful and knowledgeable insurance company I have dealt with, maybe I have just clicked lucky with the staff member on the other end of the phone

I have been with flux for a year. I called them yesterday to find out about my renewal and they did not offer me a cheaper price. I have then been told to go to Footman James which i did and got a better price. i have also got £1000 on my sound install and all my extras such as Seats, Body kit, 19inch wheels have been added.i am also covered for parts in my garage and car for up to £2000. also have legal cover, break down, loss of keys and also if the car is written off i get to keep the car and dont have to pay anything. everything added on my insurance is now about £100 cheaper than last year.£420 compared to £520 odd which was last year and flux quote again for this year.

Hi

Yes there's an update. I called them the following day to check if the claim I was making against the 3rd party could be cancelled due to this issue of the possible extra premium.

They told me they would have to wait till the 11th for the underwriters to hear a response from the other insurance company, but they will or will not charge the extra premium until the 11th so I explained I can't wait for 2 weeks with a weight like this on my shoulders.

So I confirmed that was that with the 15 day cool of period if I can cancel if they try to turn around and say I will have to pay for it. I would have to pay £50 admin fee plus the insurance that I have used to the 12 days or so.

I couldn't accept this, so I called the underwriters myself to get this sorted, they said the same thing they will have to wait till the 11th of July to cancel as they need to hear if the 3rd party will try and claim anything.

So i said thats ridiculous because there was no collision, and they didn't even know I'm trying to claim against them so there will be no charge on my part.

So she spoke to the file handler and due to the circumstances and I reported it immediately they have cancelled the claim I was making against the 3rd party, my no claims will not be effected and I will not be charged any extra premium and the agreed valuation of £25k still stands.

They also sent me in writing via e-mail of which I notified sky and passed it onto them.

So I have proceeded with my sky policy as I just want it done and dusted but sky should have fort that for me to be honest.

Din't know they were a club insurer, would've posted in their thread about what happened. And yes they revoked my 8 years NCD despite NCD protection as a "precaution" against the other guy claiming... And then bumped up my premium because I had no NCD...

They were decent enough, good prices and customer service but after this I won't be using them again, don't trust them at all.

Guest Budz86

Rang sky today and spoke to Luke about the problems I've had with my renewal and he said leave it with him and he'll come back to me Monday. Be interesting to see if he does!

I'm in a similar position, I have a minor non fault claim that is going on with a third party and Sky have stung me with an extra £250 for 'an ongoing claim' - despite 10 years protected no claims, with them!! Got you over a barrel too, who is going to quote a new policy fairly with an ongoing claim?

Its been going on for 7 months now and still not resolved, I'll be posting my experience on here once I've had their comments. When it comes to renewal next year I will be looking to avoid a broker if possible as its been a farce from the start

+1 for reviewing the club insurer. Sky have distanced themselves from the club somewhat, apart from today their last activity on here was November (for a competition), and June before that.