The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OD Light Flashing, No Manu and no Traction control

G9RGE

Hey Giuys I have and Auto TT Supra, I bought the car with the OD Light Flashing. I also have no manu control and the traction control button doesnt do anything.

I have tried a few different things to try and sort it but have had no luck.

I have:

Check for error code... None stored

I have removed the KMH/MPH converter... still have the problem

I have done the pink wire mod and joined it to the red/blue wire.... still have the problem.

Check the trac fuse and it seems to be present and not blown

So I am now scratching my head

The car drives well and all 3 gears and overdrive work, Kickdown also works but when I shift down from 3rd to 2nd using the gear lever its very clunky. Not sure if this is to do with the above or another issue ( I will check the fluid level tommorow)

Any ideas?

Possibly solder joints in the odometer seems common

Have you or anyone tampered with the throttle body/sub throttle position sensor?

I never did cure mine, but i went manual instead so its no longer an issue

One of mine has the exact same issue, my little bit of black tape over the flashing light has made me forget to look into it.

Other than what you've tried, and considering all I've researched on it here, it could be the trac ecu, the one in the footwell next to the main ecu?

You need a willing donor from a car with no issues...

Does it still have the trac ecu installed?

The reason I ask, is if it previously had race logic traction control, the OEM unit might have been removed to prevent interference with the race logic replacement.

I will check this tomorrow, but the symptoms could suggest its missing...

Possibly solder joints in the odometer seems common

Have you or anyone tampered with the throttle body/sub throttle position sensor?

I never did cure mine, but i went manual instead so its no longer an issue

I know the engine management light and oil pressure light section was intermittent and i managed to find and solder the bad bits and that works fine now, so will have a look at the ODO one tomorrow too.

I have just recalibrated the throttle body and re installed it this week using the guide but that hasn’t resolved it. ( i will double check the resistance with it back on the car)

One of mine has the exact same issue, my little bit of black tape over the flashing light has made me forget to look into it.

Other than what you've tried, and considering all I've researched on it here, it could be the trac ecu, the one in the footwell next to the main ecu?

You need a willing donor from a car with no issues...

I Might see if a friend can let me try his if mine is present and the above doesn’t fix it.

I do have a question tho, I am due to take my car to have a standalone(running as an engine control and leaving the std ecu to control the Box) fitted that will have its own traction control. Will the car not being able to stay in Manu effect the mapping of the car on the dyno? ( if I don’t manage to sort the issue before hand)