The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bpu

gurteen0

Evening all

I just put on all the bits for a bpu set up but boost is sitting at 0.7/ 0.8 mark I've done fcd, plugs, decat, Full exhaust, filter, just wanted to know if I've miss something along the way any help would be great oh it's a tt manual by the way

No, the restrictor ring helps to stop the turbos over spooling bud

You can achieve your desired boost level, by carefully selecting the right sized restrictor gasket. But, it would take a fair amount of trial and error, so most folk just fit a 2" restrictor gasket, and use a boost controller to raise the boost.

By using an electronic boost controller, you can also play around with the gain setting, to help the turbos spool faster

Evening all

I just put on all the bits for a bpu set up but boost is sitting at 0.7/ 0.8 mark I've done fcd, plugs, decat, Full exhaust, filter, just wanted to know if I've miss something along the way any help would be great oh it's a tt manual by the way

J-spec or UK spec?

If it's a j-spec then increasing the diameter of the hole in the restrictor ring will make the exhaust more free flowing, which will raise the boost pressure. On a j-spec I'd use a restrictor ring to cap the peak boost pressure at 1bar then use a good quality electronic boost controller to then raise the boost to 1.2bar.

If it's a UK spec it will need a boost controller to raise the boost pressure.