The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New interior is finally done! Picture heavy

bayside_supra

Hey everyone

I'm over the moon with my new interior. This has been planned in my head for over 6 months now and it's complete at last.

I managed to get a pair of Recaro SR seats which have been reupholstered in full black Andrew Miurhead leather with perforated centres and blue stitching. Matching gear gator and handbrake and all three armrests. Then full black alcantara headlining.

It's pretty dark inside now which I think is far more appealing than the factory grey, the headlining makes the car feel so much more premium. And I can always take the roof off if I need more light ;)

I'd like to say a huge thank you to Si from Hide N Seat for all the hard work he put in. He was more than helpful and got the work done amazingly quickly once he got his hands on the parts. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for and interior work. Screen name is Mondo HnS if anyone wants to contact him.

Hope you all like it.

imageimage

imageimage

Edited by bayside_supra (see edit history)

Really glad you're happy with your new interior, Karl - I think it does change the whole look and feel of the car now. I know there was a lot of travelling time involved (not to mention a couple of dogs!) so I'm glad it was all worth it! :)

Just to add a couple of bits into this: the Recaros needed a couple of brand new lower bolsters and, in an ideal world, a couple of upper ones too. However, the upper foams are only available for the Speed seats (with the less pronounced shoulder "spikes") which means the only way to adapt them to these SR seats would be to cut the bolsters sections off and bond them on to the existing top halves. Karl and I decided not to go down that route and instead I repaired the damage to the upper bolsters as best I could. I also dyed the flocking on the harness slots as the original mid-grey wouldn't have worked with the new black trim at all.

The seats and door handles were all completed for when Karl arrived here on Wednesday afternoon, which meant a looooong night to trim the three sections of headlining, the sun visors, the central armrest and the gear gaiter! After I'd picked him up from the BnB yesterday morning, I made his bespoke handbrake cover and then we set about putting everything back together again.

Andrew Muirhead leather, by the way, is commonly regarded as being amongst the very best in the world (if not the best). Aston Martin, Jaguar, Rolls Royce and Lotus all use it in their vehicles, and it will also be found in all British Airways First Class cabins and many Premiership football stadiums too. It's seriously top-notch stuff!

Also, before anyone starts suggesting "back door trading" or anything like that, I'd just like to say that I paid up as a member back in October last year and did my 3 months of being a good forum member. Since then though, I've PM'd a few members of staff asking how to actually apply to be a Trader on here, but I haven't received a single reply! :(

Thanks everyone. It does feel like a much newer car now. I love it more everytime I sit in it.

New gear knob and steering wheel are next, then a carbon dash. Most likely a Momo Jet wheel with a suitable looking gear knob. Any suggestions on the gear knob are welcome.

Edited by bayside_supra (see edit history)

Since then though, I've PM'd a few members of staff asking how to actually apply to be a Trader on here, but I haven't received a single reply! :(

Good on you mate and that's pretty poor regarding the trader application given it helps generate funds for the club.

Any mod?!!