The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel spacers - how safe ?

herbiemercman

Just fitted my 30mm spacers, they are fouling the tyres about 15mm from the side wall of the tyre, it is just the top 20 degrees of the edge of the wheel arch, it fouls on minor bumps and on all corners. I had my car lowered when i bought it and as i don't want to alter this, and the fact that the maximum spacer i could take of 15mm, then the 30mm are coming off. They are a good quality UK manufacture with the maker's name in the die casting, the studs are also HT steel, so they will be £30 delivered for some one who has not lowered their car, they also made the car look beefy at the back. Herbie.

SPACER#1.jpg (195.1 KB) SPACER#2.jpg (207.7 KB) SPACER. PLAN..jpg (204.1 KB)

SPACER#1.jpg

SPACER#2.jpg

SPACER. PLAN..jpg

• 2 years later...
Good info, What's the best spacers to use with the stock 17" uk wheel? And what (mm) is a flush finish with the arches without rubbing? Cheers

Hi,

Did you ever decide on any spacers for the stock 17s?

Hi,

Did you ever decide on any spacers for the stock 17s?

/QUOTE]

Hi Foxx, From memory the 'stock' wheels were 16 inch with 60's series tyres, i replaced them with 'Kahn' 18 inch, 10J, with 'Kumho' Ecsta tyres 245/40/ZR18. tyres. This kept me with 7% on the 'rolling ratio' to keep the speedometer in sink.

If your car has been lowered like mine is then i would say the maximum is 15mm for spacers, i could be wrong? it is 'suck it and see', or some other member may know more about this.

I also did not, eventualy, like the extra stress on the wheel bearings, and my car looks good without them.

Hope this helps. Herbie.

20160224_141950.jpg (730.2 KB)

20160224_141959.jpg (673.7 KB)20160224_142012.jpg (871.0 KB)

20160224_141950.jpg

20160224_141959.jpg

20160224_142012.jpg