The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Datsun 240z RB26 Project

monsween

Thought i'd through this long term project up on here for those that are interested :). I bought it back in 2014 and it's been garage pretty much since then while I figure out what the hell i'm going to do with it.

This ones going to be a keeper and may take a while to put together as I slowly acquire the right parts.

1970 Datsun S30 240z

2.4l straight 6

4 speed manual box

California US Import

Buying the car down in Guildford i trekked 600miles up to Aberdeenshire. Not particularly the best idea in a 46 year old car but never the less it got me home stinking of fuel with only a few roadside bodges :)

Day of Purchase

Rear Bumper Removed

First on the list was a detail!, the paintwork was terrible and i knew that going in so was always going to be a re-spray job but fortunately I have a detailing friend who wanted to try out wet sanding. The paint couldn't get much worse so was more than happy to let him test it on the Datsun. The results were astonishing to say the least so the respray is back to the bottom of the list of jobs to do :)

Post Detail

I then purchased a HEAP of carbon bits from the US to bolt onto the car, the day they turned up everything was fitted. Bar the carbon bolt on arches.

BRE Carbon Spoiler,

Carbon Rear Bumper

Carbon Front Bumper

Rubber Front Air Dam

Carbon Bolt On Arches

Carbon Bits

And that takes us to the end of 2014, more to come while i upload it all :)

Next up was wheels and suspension.

in 2015 I splurged out on a set of BCs (weld in) and some super rare Hayashi Streets.

15x8.5 et-16 and 15x10 et-25.

Unfortunatey i just never got around to fitting either last year so they've been waiting until now.

Booked in to get coilovers and arches next month with Chizfab

And now we come to last month, after being at risk of redundancy since last November i found out my job was safe so decided to say f*ck it and go for it with the car.

Found a lovely low milage engine thats already got an S30 RWD sump on it so jumped at the chance. It's on the way from Japan at the moment but as there is no rush it'll be next winters job to get running.

The main difference i suppose is i'll be removing the turbos to go N/A as opposed to TT

I like the idea of it and after following Sung Kang's build it just sounds awesome.

Found a lovely low milage engine thats already got an S30 RWD sump on it so jumped at the chance. It's on the way from Japan at the moment but as there is no rush it'll be next winters job to get running.

The main difference i suppose is i'll be removing the turbos to go N/A as opposed to TT

I like the idea of it and after following Sung Kang's build it just sounds awesome.

Are you doing anything to alter the compression ? and what sort of Fuel/Inlet/Throttle set up you going for ?

Are you doing anything to alter the compression ? and what sort of Fuel/Inlet/Throttle set up you going for ?

Yeah going to have to do something about compression and a new fuel system. Got all summer to plan what I'm doing with this thing.

Nice :cool:

Did you have a look for one of the Autech NA RB26'S? Rare as, as garages like Rocky Auto snap them up, but come with lighter rods, high comp pistons etc

You not fancy using the OS Giken twin cam head in the existing engine? Mega money, but very special.

There was a blue 240 with a 1jz in at Santa Pod last year, that was nice.

Yes, the bloke who owns that one is a regular at pod and really friendly and a fan of Supras too. He gets some really good times consistently.

Looks great Monsween.