The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Syvecs ECU

Lee P

I know a few people have been asking about the details of Syvecs setups recently.

Im putting this thread together for information on pricing and mapping and will keep adding to it with more info.

Please not the sensors listed here all come with harnesses with them, these are also the ones we recommend to use but other makes are available.

Extra sensors can be added depending on the setup, some sensors require adapters.

Syvecs S6 ECU setup

S6 ECU £1704

Supra Harness adapter £420

NTK Wide band £205.20

3 bar or 3.5 bar map sensor £151.20

10 Bar Pressure sensor £151.20

Mac Boost solenoid Kit £80

Bosch Knock Sensor £84.00

8 way Calibration switch £42 (Optional)

Extras

IO Expander £720

Billet Case on new unit £108

Billet Case Upgrade £144

Toucan Display £480

Bluetooth Adapter £300

Fuel Flex Sensor £180

Air Temp Sensor £48

EGT Sensor £72

Syvecs S6 + ECU Kit

S6+ and Supra harness £3000

NTK Wide band £205.20 or Bosch LSU 4.9 £160

3 bar or 3.5 bar map sensor £151.20

10 Bar Pressure sensor £151.20

Mac Boost solenoid Kit £80

Bosch Knock Sensor £84

8 way Calibration switch £42 (Optional)

Typical Fitting cost and initial setup of ECU is around £250-£300

Mapping prices can vary depending on setup but a guide price for full map is around £650 including dyno time (prices may vary depending on location used)

Where ethanol mapping is required prices are around £200-£300 more

Recommended Syvecs Mappers

Lee at SRD Tuning - Dynojet - Sussex https://www.srdtuning.com/coming-soon/

Lee at Devil Developments - Dyno Dynamics - Sussex

Mark at Abbey Motorsport - Dynapack Hub Dyno - Surrey http://www.abbeymotorsport.co.uk/content/dyno

Roman at Syvecs - Dyno Dynamics - Hants

Ian at Litchfield Imports - Maha MSR500 - West Midlands http://www.litchfieldimports.co.uk/dyno

Jamie at Evo Tune - North East - Dyno Dynamics http://www.evotune.co.uk/rolling-road/

S6 ECU features

The S6GP ECU offers an extremely high level of precise engine management control. The twin processor unit uses a high speed RISC processor for code execution and an additional large FPGA for high speed engine position tracking, allowing the scheduling of code to be independent of signal patterns, increasing flexibility, efficiency and accuracy under transient conditions. This powerful combination also allows advanced control algorithms but yet easy to map for the end user.

The S6GP is the Backbone to our Highly Popular PnP Board

Technical Specification

100 MHz full duplex ethernet for connection to PC for programming and data download

1 CAN 2.0B interface

16 general purpose analogue inputs:

- 4 5V/bipolar, sensor/sync/speed, programmable trigger voltages

- 4 5V/Thermistor, sensor/sync/speed, fixed trigger voltages

- 4 5V sensor input

- 4 Thermistor sensor input

1 NTK/LSU lambda circuit

1 K-type thermocouple circuit

1 knock input

16 low side driver outputs:

-8 injection outputs (Max 10 amps)

-8 ancillary outputs (Max 5 amps)

6 logic level ignition outputs (5 or 12v)

1MB Battery backed internal logging memory

6 to 26v input voltage range with reverse polarity protection

2 regulated 5V sensor supply outputs with protection

Unregulated sensor supply output which tracks the ECU supply voltage

5 Seperately protected sensor and communication ground inputs

Dimensions : 181 x 160 x 51.5 mm

All software features are enabled as standard

S6 + Features

The S6Plus ECU offers an extremely high level of precise engine management control. The triple processor unit uses a high speed RISC processor for code execution and an additional large FPGA for high speed engine position tracking, allowing the scheduling of code to be independent of signal patterns, increasing flexibility, efficiency and accuracy under transient conditions. This powerful combination also allows advanced control algorithms but yet easy to map for the end user still using our SCal software and S6 Firmware.

The Third Processor present is available for in the future users to write their own code in C for Full Vehicle Integration via Canbus and Build some custom strategies to handle some of the unique requirements which are now found in OEM Applications. Currently only Syvecs staff can do this but we are working on offering this out to all our dealers very soon!

Cased In A Sealed Aluminium Billet Unit With 3 x Waterproof Connectors Offering 94pins

Inputs

22 x General Purpose Analogue Inputs:

4 x 5V/Bipolar, Sensor/Sync/Speed, Programmable Trigger Voltages

10 x 5V/Thermistor, Sensor/Sync/Speed, Fixed Trigger Voltages

4 x 5V Sensor Input

4 x Thermistor Sensor Input

2 x Lambda Inputs Including:

- 1 x NTK, Bosch LSU4.2/4.9 or Denso AF Lambda Circuit

- 1 x Bosch LSU4.2/4.9 or Denso AF Lambda Circuit

2 x K-Type Thermocouple Circuits

2 x Knock Inputs

Outputs

24 x High/Low Side Driver Outputs:

8x Half Bridge Outputs (Max 10 Amps)

16 x Low Side Injection/PWM Outputs (Max 10 Amps)

6 x TTL Ignition Driver Or Direct Coil Drive IGBT (Solder Bridge Settings on Board)

Comms

1 x Can 2.0B

1 x Rs232 Output

1 x Kline Output

100 Mhz Full Duplex Ethernet For Connection To PC For Programming And Data Download

1MB Battery Backed Internal Logging Memory, Onboard Laptop Logging and USB Logging to be supported in the near Future for near unlimited logging of certain parameters

Dimensions : 185 X 145 X 55 mm

The S6GP+ will replace the S8 for our R35GTR and Porsche kits, This enables us to make these kits true PnP, so there is no need to replace the stock lambdas and you are able to run 12injectors plus additional outputs spare.

Edited by Lee P (see edit history)

Nice writeup Lee :thumbs:

Something that I had issues with when spec'ing my Syvecs up was the number of available inputs. I don't know if it's feasible, bit if someone could do a table showing how many inputs the various Supra models need, then showing how many free inputs are left, and what they can be used for, would be helpful. :)

I know it really varies car by car, but even a rough guide would help those looking. A configurator on the Syvecs website would be the ideal.

No problem at all, I will add this on later

Nice writeup Lee :thumbs:

Something that I had issues with when spec'ing my Syvecs up was the number of available inputs. I don't know if it's feasible, bit if someone could do a table showing how many inputs the various Supra models need, then showing how many free inputs are left, and what they can be used for, would be helpful. :)

I know it really varies car by car, but even a rough guide would help those looking. A configurator on the Syvecs website would be the ideal.