The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What QUALITY tubular NA-T manifolds are out there?

Josh42

Im currently debating whether to change my setup to achieve a "typical 2J scream" and wondered what QUALITY exhaust manifolds people have used/know to.

I'm running Paul's log manifold at the moment, which is a quality bit of kit and ensures great clearance to the dizzy, but I want to achieve a different sound on boost.

Here's how it currently sounds:

https://vimeo.com/156066788

Here's more like the tone I'm after, Rob's car is running an XS power manifold. We have identical exhausts from the decat back, are both running similar power etc.

https://vimeo.com/156067080

SP Racing do ones but they're stateside. I asked Paul about bringing back his tubular NA-T ones but no luck :(

Downpipe mods will be needed as well as the turbo will be in a different place I would have thought. I know a place up here that do custom ones for a garage that builds drift engines. Not sure what they charge though, they're works of art so probably not cheap!

SP Racing do ones but they're stateside. I asked Paul about bringing back his tubular NA-T ones but no luck :(

Downpipe mods will be needed as well as the turbo will be in a different place I would have thought. I know a place up here that do custom ones for a garage that builds drift engines. Not sure what they charge though, they're works of art so probably not cheap!

Yeah, I've got a local guy who can mod my down pipe for me without an issue. Also may need to mod the screamer pipe dependant on wastegate position.

Did Paul not get back to you at all about it or was he just not interested in remanufacturing them? To be fair, it was my first choice too.

I'm currently looking at DOCracing and ETS but would prefer a known UK brand if possible.

Yeah, I've got a local guy who can mod my down pipe for me without an issue. Also may need to mod the screamer pipe dependant on wastegate position.

Did Paul not get back to you at all about it or was he just not interested in remanufacturing them? To be fair, it was my first choice too.

I'm currently looking at DOCracing and ETS but would prefer a known UK brand if possible.

Paul got back saying they're not available anymore :(

UK supplier would definitely make some money off it I reckon. There's more and more NA-T's coming up these days

Paul got back saying they're not available anymore :(

UK supplier would definitely make some money off it I reckon. There's more and more NA-T's coming up these days

I'll have to see what I can do, I'm pretty certain I want to swap this manifold out now.

What are you thinking of going for mate?

I'll have to see what I can do, I'm pretty certain I want to swap this manifold out now.

What are you thinking of going for mate?

I was just looking around at the time to see if there was one I could pick up. But leaning towards one more and more as I've noticed my turbo is touching the strut. I knew it was close but not that close!

Id conceded to the fact I'd have to order from the states or go for a custom one :( maybe SRD could do one?

If you are seriously interested, it maybe worth seeing if we can get discount for 2+?

Have you approached Lee or anyone? It's a shame HKS don't do an off the shelf manifold for this.

Are you thinking about getting one soon? I've just poured my funds into a respray and have Dragonball coming up so it's a bit tight just now. I guess it'll be a long process though to get them made. But if they're decently priced, I would be interested.

I only asked Lee on his single turbo kit thread on the SRD section. At the time, there was another name or 2 that sounded interested :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?319512-**New-Product-**-SRD-Single-Turbo-Kit/page2

Are you thinking about getting one soon? I've just poured my funds into a respray and have Dragonball coming up so it's a bit tight just now. I guess it'll be a long process though to get them made. But if they're decently priced, I would be interested.

I only asked Lee on his single turbo kit thread on the SRD section. At the time, there was another name or 2 that sounded interested :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?319512-**New-Product-**-SRD-Single-Turbo-Kit/page2

I'm thinking sometime between now and June mate as I'd love it fitted in time for my roadtrip across Europe - those tunnels would emphasise the higher note I'm looking for :grin:

I'll have an ask about and post once I've had some answers.

I'm thinking sometime between now and June mate as I'd love it fitted in time for my roadtrip across Europe - those tunnels would emphasise the higher note I'm looking for :grin:

I'll have an ask about and post once I've had some answers.

:thumbs:

That's a good point, one fitted for Dragonball would be good!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

There's a company called Originiall Fabrications in Edinburgh that has done some for drifters up my way. He's on Facebook under the company name, looks like nice pieces of kit.

I spoke to the garage that mapped your car and they do them as well. Is that not an option. Granted they couldn't do the specs I was looking for :(

• 3 years later...

So, thread revival....I still haven’t changed this manifold.

I’ve worked out my preferred options stand at this:

- Walton Motorsport 2JZ-GE manifold @£1180

https://www.waltonmotorsport.com/product/walton-motorsport-toyota-2jzge-exhaust-manifold/

- APW Engineering 2JZ-GE manifold @£850

https://www.waltonmotorsport.com/product/walton-motorsport-toyota-2jzge-exhaust-manifold/

Does anyone have any experience of the above?

Would anybody else be interested, to see if it’s worth me approaching either company about a group buy?

I have a Walton manifold on my block now.. the quality is amazing, it's properly thick flange and the welds are stunning - cannot fault it at all.

My issue is that with my BW turbo the bonnet wouldn't close because the compressor housings are larger than normal. So they are about to slightly modify it for me... I also bought the wastegate and BOV from them (all TurboSmart), so all high quality.

I have a Walton manifold on my block now.. the quality is amazing, it's properly thick flange and the welds are stunning - cannot fault it at all.

My issue is that with my BW turbo the bonnet wouldn't close because the compressor housings are larger than normal. So they are about to slightly modify it for me... I also bought the wastegate and BOV from them (all TurboSmart), so all high quality.

Which BW turbo are you running mate?

I've got the Walton manifold to replace my XS one but it's not installed yet... looks great quality. Upgrading loads of parts with BC cams etc. aiming for 750hp now.

What do people think the best Intake Manifold is? I'm close to getting the SSI performance one? https://futuremotorsports.com/product/ssi-performance-1jzgte-2jzge-2jzgte-supra-intake-manifold/

Not sure if you saw it on FB mate but Whifbitz just brought back a tubular option at the beginning of the week as well @£1500. Bit steep really compared to the others but another option.

Good price on the APW one though!

Not sure if you saw it on FB mate but Whifbitz just brought back a tubular option at the beginning of the week as well @£1500. Bit steep really compared to the others but another option.

Good price on the APW one though!

I did, but the Whifbitz one doesn’t fit with the distributor and requires you to fit their COP conversion and swap my Turbosmart 45mm hypergate for another new wastegate.

This was my preference as the rest of my kit is Whifbitz supplied but for the reasons above I’ve discounted it