The mkiv Supra Owners Club

boot release - how to? :(

SupraStar 3000

stupid and slightly embarrassing question but, how do you release the boot catch from inside the car? (like the bonnet and fuel flap)!

I've had the car over 3 years and looked at every conceivable button / lever and assumed you can only unlock the boot from the key hole at the back.

Last sunday at the Midlands event someone asked to see my G&B seats.

So I unlocked the door and opened it. around the same time another chap asked if I could open the boot so he could look at the sub install and before I could find my keys the boot poped open and everybody gazed inside but I was alittle confused to know how the boot was opened from inside and without my keys! ....Before long I had forgotten about the mystery and continued chatting away with other members.

Just noticed my car keys by my desk and remembered the incident :rolleyes:

Am I going MAD or what?

EDIT: 7 years on, and still none the wiser, Raven posted the following. LOL

Edited by SupraStar 3000 (see edit history)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister was going up to Scotland once and before she left I checked her car .. y'know - the basics .. oil, coolant, tyre pressures, battery levels etc.

Says to her .. "You're car is abit low .. it's on the "L" on the stick. There's oil in the back of my car. I'm going down the shop - just use that and top it up."

Get's back from the shop and there is this river of oily stuff running underneath the car. It's drip-drip ... drip-drip-drip-drip .. drip..drip..drip. Like damn Tsuami! I'm thinking shit ... "The Sump!"

Pops the bonnet and there is oil everywhere ... the entire engine compartment is caked in oil. I couldn't even see the battery!

When asked what happened .. turns out she'd taken me litterally. A full container of fully synthetic oil ...

Glug-Glug-Glug-Glug-Glug-Glug-Glug

Glug-Glug-Glug-Glug-Glug-Glug-Glug

IN to the engine bay itself!!! :blonde:

stupid and slightly embarrassing question but, how do you release the boot catch from inside the car? (like the bonnet and fuel flap)!

I've had the car over 3 years and looked at ever conceivable button / lever and assumed you can only unlock the boot from the key hole at the back.

Last sunday at the Midlands event someone asked to see my G&B seats.

So I unlocked the door and opened it. around the same time another chap asked if I could open the boot so he could look at the sub install and before I could find my keys the boot poped open and everybody gazed inside but I was alittle confused to know how the boot was opened from inside and without my keys! ....Before long I had forgotten about the mystery and continued chatting away with other members.

Just noticed my car keys by my desk and remembered the incident :rolleyes:

Am I going MAD or what?

And for the people who can't read

bootFUEL.JPG

ok,.. would you all believe me if I told you I was drunk when I posted the orginal question,.. or maybe my account was hijacked and a newbie asked it using my handle!

Anyway,.. I'd like to put this unfortunate incident behind me.

Problem solved, just never really noticed the damn thing ;)

Bill,

You KNOW I told you last weekend that I removed the turbo's to save weight and thus improve my 0-60 time ;)