The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Strut Brace for UK Spec Turbo

Sheefa

I've got the Whifbitz (TRD copy) one (big chunky thing) and it fits really well and is made of good strong stuff! Can't say I've noticed a huge difference but I did go form stock to BPU all at once and added this (along with loads of other bits suspension wise etc) so I'm not going to say it does or doesn't work but looks good under the bonnet.

I've got the Whifbitz (TRD copy) one (big chunky thing) and it fits really well and is made of good strong stuff! Can't say I've noticed a huge difference but I did go form stock to BPU all at once and added this (along with loads of other bits suspension wise etc) so I'm not going to say it does or doesn't work but looks good under the bonnet.

I have a cusco one Greg. Clears euro bonnet with scoop

Thanks both. Cusco has the brake master stopper part too right?

I thought it was only the Cusco one that cleared. TRD definitely doesn't clear as I had to trim the inner guide on mine to get it to fit.

- - - Updated - - -

I also thought it was only the TRD.

Remember you have the actual snorkel to clear that's attached to the engine too; which people that have retrofitted a scoop won't have ;)

Does that not attach to the manifold though? It's a single turbo which I think does away with the snorkel.

Not sure what make my strut brace is but it looks like a Cusco one, I have an original vented OEM bonnet with all the correct fittings and I had to remove the snorkel part that fits to the underside of the bonnet as it hit my strut brace.

Thanks for the pic Andrew and looks like Cusco yes. Loving the install :)

Greg, I custom made a new under bonnet scoop section when I fitted my TRD chrome strut brace. Happy to take a photo if you want me to?

Mate that would be great if possible. Thanks Kev.

Greg