The mkiv Supra Owners Club

R154 into a UK Spec Auto

np89

Hi folks,

In the middle of this conversion. Gearbox is in the car and mounts etc all line up perfectly as the box is out of a soarer.

However having issues with the propshaft side of things:

Firstly i had the issue of i was supplied with a soarer manual front prop which had this end on it:

And my rear section was splined like so:

So managed to get hold of an NA Auto rear prop and issue solved like so:

So that problem was solved, however I'm now stuck at the diff end as the rubber coupling i got with the NA shaft has the holes too closely together to mate up to my UK Spec B04D Diff and as you can see the flange on the UK Auto original shaft is alot bigger than my NA flange:

And hence the Diff input shaft is equally large and does not line up with the rubber coupling for my NA Propshaft and I cant use my original rubber coupling that fits the diff as then the holes are too far apart for my NA propshaft.

Hopefully that is kind of clear. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can overcome this or some sort of workaround?

Thanks

Niall

• 2 years later...