The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tsia's 1A1 single build

Tsia

Hi guys,

Car is now in the hands of MK Autos to sort out the single build, so I'll start out with the spec:

Rebuilt engine with 86.5mm pistons

BW S362 turbo

Whifbitz twin wastegate manifold

Turbosmart twin 40mm wastegates ( & screamers ;) )

Turbosmart supersonic BOV

Custom fabricated pipework (FMIC, exhaust, screamer pipes, downpipe etc)

Link G4 ECU

Mishimoto IC & rad

So without further ado, here are a few pics. Plenty more to come after these!

The new IC

The freshly made screamer pipes connected to twin 40mm turbosmart wastegates

Turbo mocked up with custom IC pipework

And the freshly made downpipe

Anyway, lots more to come! :D

• 1 month later...
Nice! Needs an update. Can someone explain why people run both 1 and 2 wastegates? Surely 1 is just easier and cheaper? Or is two more beneficial despite cost etc?

Better response combined with higher flow. Twin wastegate setups are supposed the spool up a bit quicker, the downside being added cost, weight and complication.

Just one :)

Even if I hadn't chanced across a well priced HKS turbo kit, I was always looking for a divided manifold with a single wastegate flange. I'm willing go sacrifice a little performance for a bit of cost saving and a simpler system with fewer components to go wrong :)

Was going to wait until it was all done before updating again! It's being mapped on the 30th for me to collect on the first weekend of Feb (assuming everything's okay!) - can't wait.

That, and I haven't got any more pictures yet and build threads are worthless without them ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Car is back home for some bedding in miles now :)

We're getting on boost at 2800RPM - an absolutely fantastic result as far as I'm concerned. Plenty of pictures to come after I've given the car a wash, had some fantastic workmanship with all of the pipework (and now want to show it off ;))

• 2 weeks later...

Random car park picture. Still doing my running in miles, ready for a proper map on the 12th/13th to see what she can really do. Can't wait :D

Currently limited to .6 bar boost and 4,500 RPM, boost comes on very early and feels great so far.

Why is the side repeater just hanging off the side?

Car is looking good though :) Still remember when Ben had this car.

I only realised this once I was home! The clip holds, but barely. It's on the list of 'bits that need replacing' :D

And yeah, I was reading up through his posts for a bit more history on the car a while ago. Always good to know that its been well cared for.

Edited by Tsia (see edit history)

Decided to give the spark cover a lick of paint and the dash panels a refresh with some rubberised black, going for the 'OEM+' look today, off for a proper map tomorrow now that the engine is worn in, then onwards to giving the engine bay a bit of bling, as well as starting the hunt for a new steering wheel.

Oh and that indicator has been fixed ;)

Few things that we needed to sort out before it could get a proper boost map - all done and back home on the drive again. An absolute pleasure to drive, feels like a bloody rocket - and sounds like one too on full chat. Really, really happy with the result :D

Next up is getting that autobox to hold a bit more torque... ;)