The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just off for a wee jaunt around Scotland.

Havard

Great route, but can I be so bold as to suggest that you divert off the Lochcarron to Sheildaig road and tackle the Beallach na Ba to Applecross and that from Kinlochewe you take the coastal road via Poolewe and Dundonell to head for Ullapool.

The scenery is to die for, if it's not peeing down with rain!

Great route, but can I be so bold as to suggest that you divert off the Lochcarron to Sheildaig road and tackle the Beallach na Ba to Applecross and that from Kinlochewe you take the coastal road via Poolewe and Dundonell to head for Ullapool.

The scenery is to die for, if it's not peeing down with rain!

We are at Loch Lomond now and will have a look at the rest of the route. Thanks for the advice, we were looking for a bit of local knowledge.

Are you going to go and poke Scott in the eye for his Z4 comments too?

:D

I have some dog poo wrapped in news paper and some matches in the boot. We know where he lives..!!

You going on your own mate or is Vidal Sassoon going with you?

How dare you speak that way about Mrs H.

Don't diss the Zed. I have never had so much fun in a car, you really need to drive one. Looking forward to tomorrow.

H.

Have a great time mate and be careful! Just looking at the pictures from Cadwell and that Z3 looked a mess :(

Lol he must of heard them all now :D

Do I look like a man who could possibly lose control of a car?

Looked at some of the places suggested by Westcoaster and we have made a bit of an error. We are staying Dingwall tomorrow night and couldn't possibly do that route in time. Means we will just have to come back. Zed has been amazing on fuel as we tottered up to Luss. 33 Mpg and £32.00 to fill back up (220 miles).....lol..!!

You haters will see the light eventually. Gay cars are in man.

H.

Do I look like a man who could possibly lose control of a hair dryer

You haters will see the light eventually. Gay cars are in man.

H.

Not at all! ;) :) If you remember I've already tried that sort of car with the MG TF and that was a hoot, but I didn't half take some abuse :D

I have some dog poo wrapped in news paper and some matches in the boot. We know where he lives..!!

Is that an optional extra or standard equipment?

PS, on a serious note.... no seriously..... I would take Graham's advice mate. You SERIOUSLY need to drive the Applecross road, it's absolutely jaw dropping and it'll be magic if you're in the Z.

Definately to applecross over the mountain.

Also when you're heading north on the A82, after you see signs for Kinghouse you'll see a wee sign saying Glen Etive (left turn heading north). Follow that for 5-10miles (cant remember) and you'll find the spot they took the skyfall photos at!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205525[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205526[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205527[/ATTACH]

How you enjoying the trip Havard? Hopefully the weather stays nice and bright for you as it was today :)

Is that route called the north coast 500 or something? Looks like that new route they are trying to promote as a tourist attraction. It would be a good experiance I'm sure. You'll need to tell us what the best bits were ;)

It's a shame you missed out applecross as others have said but you can't fit everything in at once and you'll just need to catch it next time, along with a blast over to Skye, where I would choose to go to if I could go anywhere in Scotland :thumbs:

Keep an eye out for the Applecross 2016 thread next year :)

I've found the answer with my Z4 H, just park it in the garage and forget about it. Only done about 100 miles this year!

What model have you got Tim? I will have to extend the insurance again on this. Started with a 3k miles policy, this trip will take us to 4500 miles. 5 months left before renewal...:D

Is that an optional extra or standard equipment?

PS, on a serious note.... no seriously..... I would take Graham's advice mate. You SERIOUSLY need to drive the Applecross road, it's absolutely jaw dropping and it'll be magic if you're in the Z.

Cheers pal. Next time we come up, we are going to pay you a visit......in a nice way.:)

Definately to applecross over the mountain.

Also when you're heading north on the A82, after you see signs for Kinghouse you'll see a wee sign saying Glen Etive (left turn heading north). Follow that for 5-10miles (cant remember) and you'll find the spot they took the skyfall photos at!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205525[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205526[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205527[/ATTACH]

Thanks Keiran. Looks like we are going to need to make some adjustments. That middle picture looks like a tight road.

Watch those speed cameras on the A9

9 points and £300 later in 6 months!!!

Enjoy the trip.

A9, got it. I am normally pretty good with cameras but it depends on how crafty they are.

How you enjoying the trip Havard? Hopefully the weather stays nice and bright for you as it was today :)

Is that route called the north coast 500 or something? Looks like that new route they are trying to promote as a tourist attraction. It would be a good experiance I'm sure. You'll need to tell us what the best bits were ;)

It's a shame you missed out applecross as others have said but you can't fit everything in at once and you'll just need to catch it next time, along with a blast over to Skye, where I would choose to go to if I could go anywhere in Scotland :thumbs:

Thanks Marcus. I am trying to work it in but Achmelvich Beach is our main target, this visit. We may be able to go towards Applecross on the way back to Newtonmore. we are staying there on Saturday night. Probably made a mistake staying in Dingwall but did everything on google maps and booked accommodation whilst pissed in August.:blink:

Onwards.

H.

Cheers pal. Next time we come up, we are going to pay you a visit......in a nice way.:)

Any time :)

- - - Updated - - -

You lot need to get the finger out with that. I'm getting it in the ear!!

Sounds like a good trip regardless Havard :thumbs:

You lot need to get the finger out with that. I'm getting it in the ear!!

I think it was April that work started on last years event! It'll be September some time probably, like the last 2 years have been, other than that it's still early ;)

Put some decent miles on today. Had a wander through Fort William and then followed our route.

This is the drive up to the hotel. We are staying at the Ben Wyvis Hotel in Strathpeffer. Even though the hotel is a bit out of the way and I nearly changed to the route. I am so glad we didn't..!!

What a cracking place and the staff are so helpful. Would defo recommend it if you are up this way.

Off to Achmelvich Beach tomorrow and then will make a decision as to whether to come back South via Applecross. I am shocked at how quick we have gotten about today and could have probably done the mountain today. Hey Ho.

H.

Just been out for a cracking meal in Strathpeffer. The Red Poppy is quality.

Just realised that that our hotel does Shearings coach trips. The bar is like a scene from Cocoon..!! Still a quality room (massive) and the surroundings are so nice. Defo coming back here.

H.