The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JasonR's 1996 Twin Turbo VVTI 6 Speed

JasonR24

So after following on from my last project, losing quite a lot of money and being in debt (the legacy of which can be seen in homers build thread) I was left to pick up the pieces of everything really and accept I may not get to live the supra dream again. I decided to pay my debts off which I managed to do fairly quickly and set about saving up money to move house and have a garage to hopefully get another supra again as I still had a glimmer of hope!

Luckily, I'd made a bit of money on my flat and was able to go looking for supras again! I decided it had to be one off the forum, I put up a wanted ad first of all as I really wanted a single turbo. I spent most of 2015 waiting to go and pick up a supra from Ireland, which was a single turbo 6speed, but decided to get an independent inspection just to be safe. Lucky I did so really because the car was rusty as hell and held together by tape in some places. This really disspointed me but I carried on the search, I decided if I was going to even consider cars that weren't within easy reach for me then an independent inspection was a must. The next car I was interested in was a single turbo auto but turned out to have a lot of corrosion too from the inspection as well as some odd issues. I was really disheartened at the condition of these cars and was getting really put off until I spoke to Abz.

Abzs cars hadn't been for sale too long and was nearly a stock white TT6 which I was put after initially but I realised the condition outweighed the power for me. Abz is a really great genuine guy and sent me lots of pictures of the underneath of the car as I asked for and I couldn't believe how clean it was. I then knew I had to go see it, so me and my dad arranged to see it, as I trust his judgement as well as my own!

So I went to see Abzs amazing white car and i tell you it got put through its paces and not by me but my dad lol I thought I gave it a good run but he took it to the next level, Abz can vouch for that ;)

I know I went through a few cars before choosing this one and I can say that if you are looking at cars that are far away then definitely get a professional inspection done. They are enlightening to say the least! Anyway the car was so clean underneath it's unreal. These are the pictures Abz sent me:

imageimage

And a few more which I'll post up when I get onto my laptop. I'll post a video up tomorrow as well. Abz has some things to post up too.

The drive home was amazing. The car is so tight and pulls hard even for a stock car.

Unfortunately there was a lot of traffic up the M11 and A10 today so I didn't get any decent video on the way back. I've parked it at my work yard tonight as I've stopped at Ely and didn't want to park it anywhere open. I'm totally picky and worry about any marks it might pick up.

Here it is protected in the yard:

I've a big to do list which I'll be sorting ASAP as I am very conscious about any marks etc, although I want the car to be driven!

The number plate will be first. The bolt snapped in the bumper as we changed the plates over :(

I hope to get to some meets and get more involved now :)

Original for sale thread: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?324900-1996-White-Manual-Turbo-VVTi-43K-FSH

Edited by JasonR24 (see edit history)

It's a stunning car :cool: Was an inspiration when deciding how mine should look.

What are your plans?

Number plate fixed

Surface rust on door shuts/sills, stock/real carbon trim fitted and sealed

Any surface rust in drainage channels (looks to just be sitting water, oxidisation

Stone chips/dents fixed

Sills protected

Rear fog switch fitted and hidden

Seats upholstered in leather

Clifford alarm to be programmed with remote start

Speedo to be converted to mph

HKS Induction kit fitted/painted

Wheels to be refurbished

Boost controller to be fitted

Fuel pump to be fitted

FCD to be fitted

Set up for BPU at 1.2 Bar

Interior trim sorted/removed (gear gaiter, handbrake trim)

Brake Judder from high speed, have discs and pads for this at rear

Subwoofer removal, spare wheel back in

Steering wheel relaquered

Toolkit/flare/first aid kit

I literally want the car to be subtlety modified but to have as much originality to it as possible.

I'm really picky but will be using and enjoying it too :)

Nice looking car this but how is there rust on the door shut sills on a 96 especially with such low mileage and with no side skirts. I guess that rust has come from the bottom up as when you say sills protected is there no underseal on them currently underside ? I hope you haggled on the asking price if I go to buy a car and it has brake judder that would put me straight off owner has obviously not maintained the basics.

By the looks of it you need to add a under tray to your list I would recommended the SRD one

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

Nice looking car this but how is there rust on the door shut sills on a 96 especially with such low mileage and with no side skirts. I guess that rust has come from the bottom up as when you say sills protected is there no underseal on them currently underside ? I hope you haggled on the asking price if I go to buy a car and it has brake judder that would put me straight off owner has obviously not maintained the basics.

By the looks of it you need to add a under tray to your list I would recommended the SRD one

It's because the plastics were wrapped in carbon wrap. It's superficial and will be easy to fix. Underneath is clean as anything and so is the rest of the car. The car is protected underneath but I am overly protective so will be getting it done again. Brake judder is the rear discs at high speed and I got replacements with the car.

Abz was a real gent and went through every little thing just as much as I did.

Under tray wise I'm not sure I'll have a look now but it wouldn't be on my top list of things to do.

It's because the plastics were wrapped in carbon wrap. It's superficial and will be easy to fix. Underneath is clean as anything and so is the rest of the car. The car is protected underneath but I am overly protective so will be getting it done again. Brake judder is the rear discs at high speed and I got replacements with the car.

Abz was a real gent and went through every little thing just as much as I did.

Under tray wise I'm not sure I'll have a look now but it wouldn't be on my top list of things to do.

Ah that's fair enough it just looked like the underside was bare but it must be a creamy /white under seal as opposed to black . If you are using the car in wet weather I would defiantly bump that under tray up on the list it also has been proven without it the engine bay temps run allot hotter.

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

Glad to see its staying in the club, and you're not planning to change the look of it too much. :)

As Chat said though, get an undertray on there asap. I actually have a good undertray spare (the bumper one, not the engine one)

Also, not sure if it's just the pic, but it could do to be a little lower at the front.

Cheers for the advice guys I will get an under tray sorted ASAP then. The look is going to stay the same as I've really grown to like it :) apart from the dragon ball 15 sticker on the back ;)

So there's an engine and bumper under tray? Didn't even realise!

Which do SRD do?

I think it's the picture as I just took this:

Looks the right height to me :)

Yea it's still on stock suspension :) needs to be around here! If anyone knows the Cambridgeshire/Norfolk area then you'll know there's speed bumps galore!

I'll look into an under tray then. Hopefully SRD does both of them :) cheers for that

I might be wrong, but I think they only do the engine one. As I said, I have a good one for the bumper here if you need one :)

- - - Updated - - -

Good list of stuff to start with, but I'd probably forego the HKS Induction Kit and stick with the stock airbox on BPU levels.

:yeahthat:

K&N in the stock airbox sounds lovely, is cheaper, has better filtration, and performs better. No brainer.

Those OZ futuras are fantastic :cool: They are very high end wheels, that were optional extras on Ferrari's, Aston Martins, Lotus's and Maserati's back in the day.

Don't get me wrong I think they're nice wheels and the pics don't do them enough justice but I personally think they look a bit too 'thick'

Cheers guys. Honestly I want polished CCWs really badly but I couldn't justify polishing them every time I went out. These wheels really have grown on me and they are really quite rare. It was actually members on this forum who have polished CCWs and say they are a pain that put me off them!

I'll get a video up in a second that I took with the gopro :) really love this car!

Cheers guys. Honestly I want polished CCWs really badly but I couldn't justify polishing them every time I went out. These wheels really have grown on me and they are really quite rare. It was actually members on this forum who have polished CCWs and say they are a pain that put me off them!

I'll get a video up in a second that I took with the gopro :) really love this car!

Haven't polished mine since Dragonball :) Just gave them a quick 20 minute buff and they came up lovely. Previously the last time I polished them was for the NEC Classic show back in November.

Haven't polished mine since Dragonball :) Just gave them a quick 20 minute buff and they came up lovely. Previously the last time I polished them was for the NEC Classic show back in November.

Yeah, they don't take long to polish at all. Hell, a rag and dab of polish and 5 minutes per wheel is more than enough time!