The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My na baby is at the doctors for it's na/t conversion.

herbiemercman

Yeh, Took her down on Tuesday, *edited to remove traders name* has a good set up, first question i asked him was would the power delivery post NA/T be as smooth as my drive down from Preston to Cardiff, he said it will be the same until you put your foot down, it will spool at circa 1,850 rpm and then the power just keeps coming.

He is fitting me an oil temp gauge and a boost gauge and fixing my speedo which stopped working two weeks back.

He asked me did i want both CATS removed i said ok just hoping it will pass the MOT, he thinks it will.

I have the stainless steel exhaust but kept the stock rear silencer as this looks neat and gives a good burbling sound, He said it would handle the extra power mass flow.

he delivered me to Cardiff Central station and spent the twenty minutes driving my NA, he said it was "tight" and in great nick for 1996 car, he also explained the technicalities of his conversion, and at his unit showed me the t71 turbo, much bigger than i thought, 30% bigger than the turbo i just changed on my e-300 td merc.

Good day out and good train ride back to Preston.

Edited by Josh42 (see edit history)

Yeh, Took her down on Tuesday, *edited to remove traders name* has a good set up, first question i asked him was would the power delivery post NA/T be as smooth as my drive down from Preston to Cardiff, he said it will be the same until you put your foot down, it will spool at circa 1,850 rpm and then the power just keeps coming.

He is fitting me an oil temp gauge and a boost gauge and fixing my speedo which stopped working two weeks back.

He asked me did i want both CATS removed i said ok just hoping it will pass the MOT, he thinks it will.

I have the stainless steel exhaust but kept the stock rear silencer as this looks neat and gives a good burbling sound, He said it would handle the extra power mass flow.

he delivered me to Cardiff Central station and spent the twenty minutes driving my NA, he said it was "tight" and in great nick for 1996 car, he also explained the technicalities of his conversion, and at his unit showed me the t71 turbo, much bigger than i thought, 30% bigger than the turbo i just changed on my e-300 td merc.

Good day out and good train ride back to Preston.

Turbo replacement on a 300td, that's unusual. W210? What sort of mileage and how did it fail. Carbon build up on the shaft onm the hot side maybe?

Hi Shane, The merc is 19 years old i bought it new in 1997, i have put 230,000 miles on her, done most of the service and repairs myself. The turbo blades erode, bit like shot blasting, not much may be just 1mm but the difference in boost is amazing. The fall off in boost happens so slowly over the years you don't really notice it until you put a new one on.

It's a 7 seat est, e-300 td ellegance with AMG spec, circa 230 bhp, it will hit 130mph and cruise all day on a "oner", lovely smooth car, worth nothing now, BUT worth a lot to me.

WORSTON. MERC.#8 NOV.2012..jpg (181.7 KB)

WORSTON. MERC.#8 NOV.2012..jpg

Hi Shane, The merc is 19 years old i bought it new in 1997, i have put 230,000 miles on her, done most of the service and repairs myself. The turbo blades erode, bit like shot blasting, not much may be just 1mm but the difference in boost is amazing. The fall off in boost happens so slowly over the years you don't really notice it until you put a new one on.

It's a 7 seat est, e-300 td ellegance with AMG spec, circa 230 bhp, it will hit 130mph and cruise all day on a "oner", lovely smooth car, worth nothing now, BUT worth a lot to me.

WORSTON. MERC.#8 NOV.2012..jpg (181.7 KB)

I have one too, 190k on the clock and run it on waste veg oil, drove it to Romania and back last month, veg oil all the way there except the last hundred miles or so and then half way back on cheap oil sourced there. I have changed all the o rings in the fuel delivery pipes and diesel pump for Viton o rings, great car and much nicer than the w202 I had before.

Looking forward to updates on the supra build.

I have heard that Scandanavians like to stick big truck turbos on those Mercs, and they are capable of 500hp or so. :cool:
Indeed, the OM606 is such a good engine and capable of some good power. I was almost at the point of using one in my supra shell/project but if I am going to do it I want to get rid of the merc engine management and run it on a modified fully mechanical pump from the earlier cars, but they fetch up to a grand at the moment.

Hi Shane, I have a friend who runs VO and he has contacts for getting hold of it FOC, he also preheats it with a heatexchange matrix from the engine cooling water system, this stops "waxing" in winter months. I could not be arsed with all the messing even if i got the stuff for free.

My bus is fed with three quarters of a litre of my own fuel performance mix, it is basically 50% standard 2T oil and 50% cetane, this gives quieter much smoother running, lubrication for the fuel pump, injectors and valve gear etc, the current diesel fuel has all the sulphur lubricants removed due to EEC rules and the "green" loby in the UK, I also get 4 to 5mpg more which is 80 miles on an 18 gallon tank.

The car is fast enough for me with a cruise of 100mph and a top end of 130mph, i use it for long journeys with my trekking friends, and let's face it you can rarely get moving on most M/Ways now due to congestion. When i get my NA/T back, which basically replaces all the fast bikes i have had, i will have the odd blast before the day comes with technology where all speeding will be detected.

Nice one Chris, you know me so well.lol. The doctor said he respected your vast knowledge and would like meet you some day.

yea id very much like to meet chris and pick his mind for a few hours .... or days

got lots of boxes of shiny bits to open arriving today too. allthough josh will prob remove this post as he clearly has some ssue with me . removing my actual name... thats craig by the way, is really petty , hardly trading someone referring to me by name , bit sad

yea id very much like to meet chris and pick his mind for a few hours .... or days

got lots of boxes of shiny bits to open arriving today too. allthough josh will prob remove this post as he clearly has some ssue with me . removing my actual name... thats craig by the way, is really petty , hardly trading someone referring to me by name , bit sad

I don't have an issue Craig, but fair is fair and we have done exactly the same with other traders who aren't authorised on the forum.

If you have an issue with this, I suggest you PM me or one of the Reds.

I don't have an issue Craig, but fair is fair and we have done exactly the same with other traders who aren't authorised on the forum.

If you have an issue with this, I suggest you PM me or one of the Reds.

What constitutes trading ? Dr Jekyll only comes on this site now and again , and is not selling anything more often, than any other member . In fact if you were to read his history on here you will find he,s given away more than he has charged members .

What constitutes trading ? Dr Jekyll only comes on this site now and again , and is not selling anything more often, than any other member . In fact if you were to read his history on here you will find he,s given away more than he has charged members .

It's got nothing to do with him buying or selling parts on this forum, it's more of a case of his company being advertised/services pushed via this forum as he is not an authorised trader.

People, please go and refer back to the rules you agreed to when registering for this forum, it is clearly defined within.