The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Intermittent 6k Rev limit??

Rywalls

Hi guys, I completed a 6speed conversion last week and ever since, I have an intermittent 6k Rev limit, particularly in 2nd and 3rd gear, sometimes it will happily Rev to 7,200 being a VVTI but sometimes it will hit the limiter at 6k?

I have read that it could be spark plugs and fuel cut however I have them waiting to be fitted but other people having the same problem in that past has already had these fitted to their car.

A few people mentioned doing the conversion still using the auto ecu, bypassing the park/neutral switch then it thinks it's in park/neutral all the time but then why does it only have this problem in certain gears and why is it intermittent and not constant?

Any ideas?

I haven't tried a manual ecu mate, the 6spd VVTI ecu's are ninja to find.

I'll try find out which wire to cut hopefully that sorts it but surely if that was the case why doesn't it always impose the 6k Rev limit if it thinks it's still in park, because sometimes it's fine.

I've found that if I don't put my foot down for a while then suddenly I decide to floor it in second it will Rev to 7200, then change to third and it will only Rev to 6000

Thanks for the comments guys