Round 2, big single GTE.

FOSTA

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

F187701D-9A28-4127-8A84-EC353C1B7BB2.jpg so I’ve now got a 6870PT turbo.

I was aiming for around 900-1000bhp but after a day of mapping and hours of trying to work out why we couldn’t make the power! It turned out that I forgot to upgrade the intercooler :fool: lol. I currently have a 4” intercooler on that has a flow rate of 1200CFM which is rated to around 800bhp maximum. We made 824bhp. There was just a massive pressure drop at the outlet side. So now I need a 5” ETS intercooler then fingers crossed we get the power we expect to see. :thumbs:

• 8 months later...

Small update, the car has been off the road for quite a while. It tore some teeth off the crown wheel whilst doing a burnout for a photoshoot. We also found out that the diff we had fitted l wasnt the best match for the T56. Joel from grannas racing recommends a ratio of 4.1 to mate with the t56 as a perfect match, so we have now fitted the 4.08, which is far closer than the 3.7 we had fitted. So I think next year we will be going for the Ford 8.8 kit to make this car bullet proof! We also need to change out the 4" mishimoto intercooler for a 5"ETS as we found that the 4" is creating a massive pressure drop at the intake which caused us to top out at 824bhp. I'm confident with the 5" core and running E100r we should see good figures we'll over 1000bhp. We'll I'd like to hope lol. imageimageimage

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi mate, loving the supra. Amazing buildand a lot of great work you have done yourself. I see you have the grannas racing t56, whats it like? Id love to do a manual conversion but ones ive seen using a 350z box all seem to complain about noise etc. Id try and build a budget manual with a 2nd hand t56 etc