The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra price

Guest tgadalla

Guest tgadalla

Hey guys.

I've been in talks with a guy who is selling a supra, the spec is twin turbo 6 spd 490HP, tarox brakes, blitz exhaust and intercooler ceramic clutch, body kit and all the rest of it, I've done a reg check and it's coming up as a jspec na auto, the car is sorn and no mot.

The seller wants 15000 euros so around 11000gbp, is this around the right price or what should I be aiming for? Proving the car checks out...

Many thanks

Guest tgadalla

Thanks for the replies guys,

The car is abroad and the guy is a known modified car salesman so it's been sitting there a year without selling because it's rhd on UK plates, so I don't think the mot issue is a big problem, I think the 490hp is probably a bit of sales talk and is probably bpu, the ad states twinturbo with remap to 490HP and the pics show it as twin pipework so until I see the car I can't really provide any more information, I will be px a car with him so I don't really want to lose too much money on it and make a rash decision is there anything major I should be looking out for apart from the sticky guide I read.

I've wanted a supra for the past 10 years this could be my chance at finally owning one :)

Thanks

There are a few 6 speed twins that come up in the classified section which most people know the cars so if I was spending that sort of money I would possibley wait to see what else comes up! I know if like me you get very excited when you see one and just want to buy it!!

@mike23, very true about wanting to buy the Supra. I was offered a NA Manual 1993 3 times repainted J-spec imported Supra with rust spots on engine block and chasis. Has problems with A/C, seats and oil leaks - at least what I saw after visual inspection, not driving it to service. But I want the Supra model so much... My childhood dream.

Thanks for the replies guys,

The car is abroad and the guy is a known modified car salesman so it's been sitting there a year without selling because it's rhd on UK plates, so I don't think the mot issue is a big problem, I think the 490hp is probably a bit of sales talk and is probably bpu, the ad states twinturbo with remap to 490HP and the pics show it as twin pipework so until I see the car I can't really provide any more information, I will be px a car with him so I don't really want to lose too much money on it and make a rash decision is there anything major I should be looking out for apart from the sticky guide I read.

I've wanted a supra for the past 10 years this could be my chance at finally owning one :)

Thanks

It could also by the sounds of it be a chance to spend thousands fixing something! If that is sales talk then makes you wonder what else is sales talk too! You need to budget in what else needs sorting out and have a good look at it.

Mine might be up for sale next week too.

@mike23, very true about wanting to buy the Supra. I was offered a NA Manual 1993 3 times repainted J-spec imported Supra with rust spots on engine block and chasis. Has problems with A/C, seats and oil leaks - at least what I saw after visual inspection, not driving it to service. But I want the Supra model so much... My childhood dream.

Have a good read of the link below, you can tell from the chassis plate how the car came from the factory and compare it to how it is now which is a start to see if it's original or has been modified at some point.

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/specs.htm

Hope you realise your dream, just try to ensure it doesn't turn into a nightmare in the short term!

It could also by the sounds of it be a chance to spend thousands fixing something! If that is sales talk then makes you wonder what else is sales talk too! You need to budget in what else needs sorting out and have a good look at it.

Mine might be up for sale next week too.

What!!!!!!! Really Are you leaving us!!!!!