The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Two Supras and one spanner monkey called Axl

Axl

Where it all began

As much as the veilside kit is hated I loved it but fate had other ideas

A slight altercation with a glass bottle lying in the road resulted in a massive crack in the front bumper so it had to go :(

This led to a purchase of a stock front end

And side skirts and a RMM lip

The finished article :)

But I needed something different

Not to everybody's taste but that's the point ;)

So after that i was quite happy pottering about going to shows and meets getting stamped on by ford mondeos at traffic lights so I decided to order a little present for the supe

Now because I have the W58 chocolate box I thought this might save it ;)

So I have one 1jz gte with hybrids leaking cam seals and an auto loom next step cleaning painting polishing and removing the N/A

imageimage

With a little help from some friends the 2jz came out

After a lot of elbow grease and lots and lots of new gaskets sourced from every corner of the planet a splash of Ali silver and 3L2 red I landed up with this

Edited by Axl (see edit history)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After doing battle with wiring diagrams and lots of advice from some members on here I got it started and running happy days:)

Oh and to treat myself I bought the supe some 5 spokes :)

So that's all for now hope you guys like it :)

Nice improvement so far dude, engine looks very tidy,

any chance you could post up what you did wiring wise, i know it would be help to others in the future, im personally interested as i might have one to do on my dads supra shortly, Keep up the good work :thumbs:

looks great, like how the engine looks. How do you like the performance or isnt it 100% yet?

Personally I would get rid of the roof spoiler, there IMO horrid and spoil the lines.

Thanks for the kind replies guys and the roof spoiler is staying I'm afraid ;) as far as performance is concerned I've only tested it yesterday for a couple of miles and it's certainly a lot faster than the N/A I only briefly reached 1bar once and nearly Had heart failure the HKS RS sounds great I'm looking forward to putting some miles on if next weekend :)

Nice improvement so far dude, engine looks very tidy,

any chance you could post up what you did wiring wise, i know it would be help to others in the future, im personally interested as i might have one to do on my dads supra shortly, Keep up the good work :thumbs:

I will do a write up soon I used trebor69's write up in the tech section but there are some differences if you keep the supra fuse box I had a big issue with the fuel pump ecu and the efi relay and the temp sensor but a week studying wiring diagrams and cross referencing it is quite easy

Edited by Axl (see edit history)

You had the engine out and painted all the top bits and left that grimey god damn Water Elbow.... You bring great dishonour to your famiry..

Dam you spotted that I'll never lift my bonnet in public again :(

Dam you spotted that I'll never lift my bonnet in public again :(

I made the same mistake last year haha I had everything out and had everything powdercoated except that damn thing..

So I took it all back off this year to do it I just couldnt live with it.

Looking good has been a great transformation! Felt great on the small test run and had some awesome noises coming from the turbos, can't wait for the proper test run:eyebrows:

Will that be when the red car and the blue car have a race ???? ;)

For sure mate will have to do a Herefordshire and Gloucestershire supe meet :)

Great job Marcus . You gotta be chuffed with with end result, its a gem . I know that you and your mates have put some serious hours into this build . I,ll come up for a meet if given enough notice .

Oh by the way mate , if the mural on the lid is the missus , any chance she could pop down to Cardiff to do a sitting for me . LOL See you soon mate !