Engine Type - TT

Engine Spec - Stock

Turbo - Stock

Fuel Used - 95 Pump fuel

Exhaust - Kakimoto catback & double decat

Transmission - V160

ECU - Stock

Power figure - 216wkw/290whp

Torque figure - 431nm ( not sure if this is right)

Boost Pressure - 1 bar

Run was in 4th gear ( Car usually makes 1.2 bar in 4th, not sure why it did not make full boost)

Made lower figures with water spray turned on).

Ambient was about 29deg with 77% humidity..

Car is in TTC as issues with IACV

Do u think the figures are as per a normal BPU? Or should I be worried?

Edited by Samurai 20V
5th run done (see edit history)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something wrong there id say. Figures are low for bpu at the wheels. Surely you don't lose 110hp from fly to the wheels?

He was only at 1bar though and not all bpu supras make 400bhp. Another thing to think about is the temperature during the run. A car wont make maximum power in hot temperatures. Also the run was on 95ron fuel which will affect the figure.

Depending on the transmission loses 290whp is about 350bhp ish?

Edited by Chris Bailey (see edit history)

Could it be the 95ron that it showing low?

- - - Updated - - -

He was only at 1bar though and not all bpu supras make 400bhp. Another thing to think about is it the temperature during the run. A car wont make maximum power in hot temperatures.

Depending on the transmission loses 290whp is about 350bhp ish?

Didn't even see the 1 bar there.

Should be a 3rd gear pull.... not 4th. You're looking for a 1:1 ratio on the pull.

It seems a bit all over the place, are the dyno operators inexperienced?

Torque looks low too.

Did you hit 1.2bar on your way home?

Ok, didn't know that it should've been 3rd. To be honest, there are few good dyno operators where I live.. This one is not one of the best.. Car was 1bar in 2nd, 1.15 bar in 3rd and just hit 1.2 in 4th... It feels awesome on the road...

At the end of the day, if it feels fast enough on the road for you. Thats all that matters :)

Yes Scott, I have a hks evc.. I have it set like that so I get 1.25bar in 5th gear.. If I increase the gain, it overboosts in 5th and 6th..

It's possibly something to do with being in TTC mode then. I never had any issues hitting 1.2bar in 3rd through 6th when the gain was set correctly. The gain should bring the boost in hard but the boost setting should pull it back down again. Is the boost set at 1.2bar or is it a %age setting?

• 1 month later...

Ok, went back to the dyno today.. Same dyno, same conditions..

Difference with the car was changed all the VSV's, and the two rubber link pipes and returned to sequential mode from TTC.

Car was at 1.1bar roughly, it does not want to make more boost than that on the rollers, it makes 1.2 bar + on the road.

Overall, I am happy with the gains, as the car feels insane, and noting this is on 95 and water spray..

The car made 10kw less with the water spray off, so I am glad that its doing its job finally (change point here was that I brought the spray in at a later boost).

I realised that I cant dyno in 5th gear as I still have the speed limiter, will dyno again once the speed cut is fitted.

Edited by Samurai 20V (see edit history)

Those figures still look incredibly low to me bud. Of course, what matters is the bum dyno..... but I'm still confused with what you are seeing. I take it the figures are at the wheels? If so it's not THAT low and it may be down to the 95 ron fuel. The torque seems low on the dyno though.