The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT86 now £22k

Gaz6002

Just wondering if you heard any updates on a Convertible version

Jen will probably change her TT over the next Year and liked the GT-86 we borrowed when it first came out, but TT Roadster stole it for the convertible factor

She has said about getting the new version of the TT Roadster, but I am starting to go off the front end of the new one, it did go alright and the new Triptronic was massively impressive

Unfortunately Toyota still seem to be staying very quite on the Cab version which I don't understand as I'm sure there is quite a large request for it... Surprised your not to keen on the new TT, I think the new shape is a big improvement personally lol, although I would buy it just for the chasing rear indicators haha!! Sad I know!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your a true driver, not a nitrous drinking junky, the gt86 is a gem! No doubt about it. I have had every Toyota sports car you can think of, supra and my current aristo are scary fast blah blah blah but one thing that nobody can denie, take it for a hard spin with traction control off and I guarantee you will a smile, an ear to ear smile, in my world that's the mark of a brilliant car.

If your a true driver, not a nitrous drinking junky, the gt86 is a gem! No doubt about it. I have had every Toyota sports car you can think of, supra and my current aristo are scary fast blah blah blah but one thing that nobody can denie, take it for a hard spin with traction control off and I guarantee you will a smile, an ear to ear smile, in my world that's the mark of a brilliant car.

Needs a bigger engine for me..!!

Got to agree there, H. It's a sweet little engine, no doubt, but coming from 3ltr and above 6 pots with big single or twin turbos, a 2 litre 4 cylinder can only provide so much fun...

I don't doubt it's fun but would want more grunt. 7.4 sec, 0-60 isn't going to impress many. Especially anyone who has owned a sub 5 second car.

H.

• 2 months later...
Well although not to everyone's taste here is my shiny new one which I'm extremely happy with! Don't get me wrong it's got nothing on my supra but it's great as a company everyday car :D

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/wattwatt1000/image.jpg1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/wattwatt1000/image.jpg2.jpg

Looks great, the spoiler is perfectly over the top. :cool:

I can't afford one just now, but the flat 4 engine is a definite downside for me, perhaps not as tricky to work on as an old Citroen GSA I had, but every Subaru I've worked on was a PITA.

As far as I'm concerned, it should have been built with a straight 4, 16 valve DOHC Turbo engine, such as the 8AR-FTS fitted to the Lexus IS, with 240 bhp on tap. Then it would have the power to match its looks!

That looks mega! Only problem for me with the gt86 is the power. I know it's not meant to be a big power car and was aimed for a specific gap in the market but a few extra bhp would have been nice :)

Although id love a rocket bunny kitted one with a 2jz planted under the bonnet. But then your looking at gtr money...

Yeah it does miss the power but if I owned her then I would be straight down to Fensport and the stage 1 cosworth upgrade is £715 and pushes an extra 15bhp then I would hit them with my credit card for 5k and stage 2 supercharges and takes it up another 80Bhp so will be touching 295 which much more like it!!

Yeah the spoiler is massively over the top but I love the look and it really reminds me of the supra TRD wing which is the next purchase for the supe ;)

I would be straight down to Fensport and the stage 1 cosworth upgrade is £715 and pushes an extra 15bhp then I would hit them with my credit card for 5k and stage 2 supercharges and takes it up another 80Bhp so will be touching 295 which much more like it!!)

:rlol::rlol::rlol::rlol:

Well although not to everyone's taste here is my shiny new one which I'm extremely happy with! Don't get me wrong it's got nothing on my supra but it's great as a company everyday car :D

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/wattwatt1000/image.jpg1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/wattwatt1000/image.jpg2.jpg

Isn't that "thing" nailed on the back, and those exhausts, a bit like putting boxing gloves on a poof? ;)

Are they factory Toyota bits? Perhaps the design team had a corporate day at the cinema and watched Fast and Furious, then hit the sake....?

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

Isn't that "thing" nailed on the back, and those exhausts, a bit like putting boxing gloves on a poof? ;)

Are they factory Toyota bits? Perhaps the design team had a corporate day at the cinema and watched Fast and Furious, then hit the sake....?

Yeah its all Toyota its the GT86 Aero model ;) The exhausts are the standard ones which are on all of them :twak: I think they done better with this one compared the TRD Spec, which for £6500 extra it looked the same lol.

Just love your political correctness Chris:d

How comes the BRZ? although the exact same car its got the wrong badge haha!!

I prefer the front end (I know there's about 500,000 aftermarket bumpers for these by now though...) and of course it comes in WRC blue. If a cheap GT86 came up I wouldn't be put off at all lols.

Shame the GT86/BRZ didn't come in better/more colours though

EDIT: Rarity factor too, think there's about 5 BRZs on autotrader and 20+ GT86s

I have a GT86 (Not with a big wing) and a BPU Supra..

The 86 handling is just awesome, its light on fuel and easy to drive.

But every time I pull it past 4000rpm, it just feels so dead...

It needs more BHP for sure, especially if you used to a boosted car..

Josh42, I would just keep the Supie and buy the IS-F to use daily.

I am searching for one in my country, the are so scarce, only 80 were sold in total..

• 3 years later...