The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£220 on classic car insurance

rider

I've had my Supra TT6 on a multi-car policy but I have decided to move the Supra to classic car insurance and the other car on the policy to its own full no claims policy providing a saving of £160.

Beyond the savings the advantage of moving to classic insurance is obvious for any appreciating vehicle, namely the agreed value. The current provider will only insure to market value whilst I have set a £12k value for agreement with the classic insurers. From my dealing with this kind of insurance on other vehicles I own the valuation has never been questioned.

If I were a one car owner then I could get the Supra insurance at £170 so its only a route to consider for multiple car owners.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm looking to do this myself come Feb. I currently have the Supra insured with Adrian Flux and my diesel Polo daily driver also insured with Adrian Flux. I've just turned 25, which means I can now insure it as a classic and hopefully save some money/get better benefits. What companies have you got quotes with? One of my friends is with Footman James and rates them very highly, but I have no idea about the level of cover/agreed value situation etc.

Admiral multicar here. About £400-£500 for supra and whatever else for the daily

Standalone quotes from comparison sites were £1k+ for Supra alone.

Edit:

Paying around £750 for Supra, but there's £100 worth of bits added on such as legal cover, NCD protector and personal injury cover etc

Edited by cered (see edit history)

Who are you using for classic policies and do mods make them nervous?

I was with Lynbrook too. Only mods were wheels and exhaust and for BPU they wanted about £30 on a £280 policy (3K miles). For 5K miles it was £330 plus the BPU.

I know you live in a rough area so it may be a bit more for you..!!:p

H.

• 2 months later...
To have a classic policy you need to have another vehicle, like a daily driver to be elegible. I use and earn my no claims on my diesel polo :) it's limited mileage as well, although don't do many miles in mine anyways!

Yeah I have another car, have 7 NCB on the supra and 2NCB on the passat. May consider a change around at renewal

I'm looking to do this myself come Feb. I currently have the Supra insured with Adrian Flux and my diesel Polo daily driver also insured with Adrian Flux. I've just turned 25, which means I can now insure it as a classic and hopefully save some money/get better benefits. What companies have you got quotes with? One of my friends is with Footman James and rates them very highly, but I have no idea about the level of cover/agreed value situation etc.

Footman James were bought out about a year ago,(cant remember by who but a big insurer). I was with them for 5 years before that with a race car/kit car with a zetec turbo engine with about 300bhp (600kg car). Insurance cost me abut £290 a year, Mid thirties and other vehicles and 5k miles per year. Suitable agreed valuation.

I never had to claim off them but they were rated highly by others who did.

Not sure how they are since they were bought out....

Edited by and1c (see edit history)

Just got a quote from Footman James, £270 including agreed value. I'm 25, I also have 6 points and 2 claims in the last 5 years. Thought that was pretty good!

That's with coilovers, exhaust and FMIC fitted.

That's very cheap, my supra with agreed value was over £300, 53 yrs, full no claims, no points, no accidents decent postcode rating etc

That's very cheap, my supra with agreed value was over £300, 53 yrs, full no claims, no points, no accidents decent postcode rating etc

Yeh dude I'm over the moon! Level of cover is really good too. Very comprehensive. It was £323 but £50 of that was breakdown cover which I probably won't take tbh.

1 of the accidents was non fault when someone rear ended me and the other was when my chaser was stolen and never recovered :(

Before that I was paying £550 ish from adrian flux. The only bonus of turning 25 was classic insurance!! Haha