The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JDM Supra RZ (oh, and hello :) )

nihontoman

hey guys. I'm new to this forum but will most likely stick around and maybe ask some questions (promise I'll use the search function first :D )

I Bought a 1995 Supra RZ from japan and it is now on a ship sailing to me. Should be here in mid-may or a bit later. As it seems the previous owner did some tuning to it, lot's of high quality aftermarket parts (HKS t04S Turbo kit, other HKS and Trust/greddy stuff on there). The whole car will cost me around 16-17K$ (including shipping, customs, registration and all that) which is about 12000-ish pounds for you English folk. (I guess I got a pretty good deal for a car with only 74000km on odometer and high marks for auction exams). Here are some pics:

it's a bit dirty under the hood but I plan to really take care of this beauty so it's not a big problem :) This will be my first good Toyota - had a "pleasure" of briefly owning a 2009 corolla with that silly robotic manual transmission. that thing was a wonder of efficiency and boredom :D

anyways, here it is. my dream ride. any thoughts?

That's a nice looking car. Not a fan of the wing but it definitely demands attention. :D

Those wheels look to be OZ Pegasus, very rare and worth alot of money! Congrats on the purchase. :ok:

thanks :) yeah, those definitely are OZ racing Pegasus and for those sizes (18inch) they should be around 800-1000 euros each. not sure about mine though - as they have some kind of discoloration.

Scrap the spoiler and you're onto a winner there!

haha, I'll wait till it comes here and see how it looks in real life. if it is as ridiculous as the pics suggest, then I'll have to think about that :)

one question though - do you guys have any ideas what the steering wheel brand may be?

you wont get alot of people on here to compliment the veilside spoiler but thats a good price for a single turbo 2jz, congrats on the purchase enjoy the power and welcome to the club :)

p.s. sorry im not sure what the steering wheel is but im sure plenty of people on here will know.

Standard or Trd would be a major improvement.

thanks for the suggestion. as already mentioned, will look around after it comes home :)

Don't worry about the wing too much, just enjoy driving it. :)

haha, will do just that. besides, I've used the bigass wing on my Evo7 lot's of times - makes for an excellent place for putting food and stuff on it :D

you wont get alot of people on here to compliment the veilside spoiler but thats a good price for a single turbo 2jz, congrats on the purchase enjoy the power and welcome to the club :)

p.s. sorry im not sure what the steering wheel is but im sure plenty of people on here will know.

thanks. I can see that veilside isn't that appreciated around here, though I kinda like the looks of it on some other cars, like this one for example:

http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~mshosier/MSHPerf/Supra%20Rear.JPG

looks stunning on this car imo :)

:welcome:

:thanks:

Edited by nihontoman (see edit history)

yeah, it is kinda small and irrelevant, so... :D

Wine was first created here and then spread through Europe, so there's that :D Oh, and there's lot's of good twisty and winding roads, mountain passes and stuff like that to test out my car and that's also a plus :D

yeah, it is kinda small and irrelevant, so... :D

Wine was first created here and then spread through Europe, so there's that :D Oh, and there's lot's of good twisty and winding roads, mountain passes and stuff like that to test out my car and that's also a plus :D

Haha that's funny,

I work in Switzerland full time on a winery!

But yea the windy roads would be amasing

Haha that's funny,

I work in Switzerland full time on a winery!

But yea the windy roads would be amasing

funny indeed. well, winding roads should be amazing, but let's just hope the t04s single turbo gives a smooth power curve or the winding roads could become too much fun :D

• 5 weeks later...
Unreal!

That's a nice surprise

Mines will be in around middle of August I believe!

Yeah, it's a nice surprise indeed. There's only one problem though:

You see, the plan is to go all the way to the port where the car will be discharged from the container ship and then drive it all the way back to home (about 350km). There's a mountain pass somewhere in the middle of the road. I have to decide which way I will go:

1) drive over the mountain pass and enjoy the twisty roads there (which are almost always vacant)

2) drive through the tunnel which is about 1.7km long IIRC and enjoy some windows down engine/turbo/wastegate sounds there :D

decisions, decisions...

For the fun if it makes you want to take the mountains ha

But since it's a new car maybe it's best to get it him quick as possible give everything a good check over,

But is a Supra, and the likelihood of having problems are usually next to zero, go for the mountains! Haha

Bet you're excited now haha. The port pick up day is the best feeling!

Be careful driving it that far back when it's just come off the boat. My battery was completely dead and wouldn't hold a charge. The oil was also a bit mucky and needed new petrol! Also if there is anything wrong you don't want to damage the engine, mine was overboosting in gear 3 up to 1.5bar which is very dangerous!