The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chris' (Boostman) NA build Thread

boostman

Hi, I bought Graham's red NA a few weeks ago so thought I'd start a thread of what I'm doing. It will be slow progress as money isn't in abundance but I like to do things myself which usually keeps the cost down anyway.

Just to clarify I know my name is Boostman and I drive an NA.....haha I created this account many years ago when I could only dream of a supra [emoji13]

My to do list so far:

Paint needs attention in many places,

Rear number plate hurts my eyes,

Window wiper arms need refurb,

Dash needs a bit of repair / removing of random none working switches,

Need to get a fog light PCB,

Decat has an whistle / hum/ resonates,

Drivers side window is slow / doesn't sound happy,

I'd like to change the dash LEDs to white if possible as well,

And finally install a sub where the stock one currently is.

This is the car the day I got it, the paint looks fine from a few meters away haha

Iv started some work already will post some pics later/ tomorrow!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so far I have done the window wipers, sand blasted and painted with black gloss. Got some nice Michelin blades to!

Before

During

After

Blades

Finished

Then I had a go at temporarily fixing the pealing lacquer on the bonnet, main to stop it spreading.

Flatted back

Masked

Done

Iv still got a lot of stone chips to paint then flat back and polish till the bonnet is done but it looks a hell of a lot better then the peal.

Those wiper blade arms looks so much better.

The thing that will make me most happy is seeing that ****ing rear numberplate changed :D

I was hoping to get some numberplate pods just so I could get a smaller plate.

I know, I dread to think what it's like under the stainless plate, shurly it would have been cheaper and easier to just buy the right size plate haha

DodgyRog on here brought a led kit from Ebay and fitted it himself Iirc, and it looked smart too and didn't cost the world.

Heckler (Simon) who sells the foglight pcb also sells dashlight conversions. Seeing as you want to do a lot of it yourself he also has a helpful guide too http://www.internetwork.org.uk/led_guide/led.htm

Oh nice guide I'll look into that! [emoji1]

• 2 weeks later...
I never once cleaned under that bonnet :D

Since I've had my other car, I've cleaned it once as I hate it to death.... I try not to even look at it too.

Cleaning it again today and doing some more work on the paint, I'll post a pic when it's dry!

Just needs a major Polish and wax now! :)

Will definitely get it resprayed in the future through!

Aaaand I've ordered a new rear plate so that should be here this week!! :)

Cleaning it again today and doing some more work on the paint, I'll post a pic when it's dry!

Just needs a major Polish and wax now! :)

Will definitely get it resprayed in the future through!

Aaaand I've ordered a new rear plate so that should be here this week!! :)

Thank god for that. I used Menzerna sf when I had it looking spanking.

I have opened Pandora's number plate box........

New plate came today so I thought id atleast remove the old one and have a look.

The stainless plate was riveted onto the plate holder which was bent.

And to my amazement the bumper had been resprayed around the number plate!!!! So now I have two shades of red haha

Some.pics below of how I fixed it, had to cut some thin sheet plastic and wedged it between the plate bracket and the polystyrene inside the bumper, then I cut a piece the same size as the bumper cut out so now it sits pretty much flush so I can fix the plate on with double sided stickers.

Just need to fix the plate on, also I think I'm going to put a piece of carbon fibre wrap each side of the plate to cover the paint.

You can buy the number plate pods to go on the side. They're oem and come up cheap at times which might be an idea.

I paid to have that rear bumper resprayed. I can't believe that's what they did and didn't call me up to say they couldn't/wouldn't or hadn't removed that backing plate, bunch of ****'s.

You can buy the number plate pods to go on the side. They're oem and come up cheap at times which might be an idea.

I paid to have that rear bumper resprayed. I can't believe that's what they did and didn't call me up to say they couldn't/wouldn't or hadn't removed that backing plate, bunch of ****'s.

I did have a look for pods but could only find whifbitz ones which were £200 lol

That is cheeky, didn't realise the bumper had been resprayed when you had it, there is some spidering on the bumper aswell like they didn't put enough plasticiser or what ever in the paint. :(

Will look nice with the new plate on though! :) Will post a pic when it's on!

The place that sprayed it stitched me right up. I wish I had never gone there. They "used" to have a good reputation but had been bought out by the time I went back to complain. If they hadn't of cocked up the paint job I still would have that car now; for me it was the last straw.

I noticed loads on that over time that they "had done" but ****ed up.