The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bee R rev limiter

Guest olliemorley

Guest olliemorley

Hi All

Has anyone successfully fitted a bee r rev limiter to a Supra twin turbo?

I have bought one and fitted as per instructions without success. Also spent hours on the net finding different answers as to why (i.e swap green and yellow wires etc etc), but nothing has worked. The unit powers on, but no rev limiting happening at all.

anyone fitted one that can provide advice?. If not, unless you are 100% sure of the answer, I have probably already found it on the net, tried it, and realised it does not make a difference.

General documentation on these, especially problems is hard to find (probably because most people have binned them).

Thanks

I have just got one to re-instate my red line. Will be having a go at fitting soon. If you haven't got your answer by then I will let you know how I get on.

Have found a guide on DW that Im going to use as a base. Just need to check out the OEM supra Wiring diagram.

Really really easy on the n/a buddy...took me all of 30mins to wire in.

To the guy in first post....Was it new or second hand?

Theres a few wires that loop out of the control box, wires need to be cut/left alone depending how many cylinders the car has, have you checked those to make sure they are correct

If memory serves me right none of them should be cut at all for 6cyl

• 2 weeks later...

They are an ignition cut system guys,ive been running one albeit on my n/a since I got it due to not having a factory Rev limit. And it's been fine. As long as you don't keep bashing it on there I don't see there being a problem.

The owner of driftworks stopped selling them due to people putting them on sr20's and the rocker arms snapping!!! But that is only due to the valve layout...where as on our jz engines the cams sit directly above the valves and buckets etc so your not going to get that.

Iirc they are crude cut aswell,which isn't great,but if your only using it like me,to make sure you have got a Rev limit and not over Rev you should be fine.