The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shawn's UK 3.4 V160 Single Ridox Widearch

ShawnPreece

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With winter coming to an end and the nice weather coming I had a trip down SRD for some pre-summer mapping...

I went with the goal that I wanted to make 1000bhp on pump fuel and then whatever it made on E85 after would just be a nice bonus for a top power figure and here's how it went...

Arrived at SRD and had a few issues which earthing is the most probably cause where she was constantly cranking, had to turn the batteries off at their isolator switches as even with the key outside the car she was still cranking whenever she had the batteries turned on, I still have investigation to do into this but anyway after we sorted it enough to start the car started fine it was time for mapping :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=231303&stc=1&d=1553606761

She made a few nice flames along the way :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=231300&stc=1&d=1553606460

attachment.php?attachmentid=231301&stc=1&d=1553606460

She wasn't revving overly sweet top end which Lee thinks maybe just tweeking the timing a little could help this but none the less I was a happy person as she achieved her target and made 1031bhp on shell VPower :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=231302&stc=1&d=1553606761

Unfortunately before getting to the top power E85 runs the rear crank seal blew spewing oil all over the clutch and out the gearbox casing so a little more work is needed before I can carry on and take her back for the top power runs

Here is a couple of short videos I took...

Overall a very mixed emotions day as the results she achieved I am very happy with as she reached her target but a bad end to the day with more work to do on her before she is complete.

5.JPG

6.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

Edited by ShawnPreece (see edit history)

Very nice mate, pretty smooth line for such a big turbo as well. Really comes alive at 4.5k :cool:

Few small fixes and she'll be sweet in no time :)

Cheers mate yeah cant wait to have her finished and running properly :) hoping she'll be as fast as this Seat I saw over in France then ;)

Awesome figures. You must be over the moon!! Well done mate.

Thanks mate yeah im really happy that it reached the VPower target :)

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Not updated this thread for ages but had a good year in her last year.

Got her running nicely and attended 4 shows in show n shine which through my amazement as a lot of really nice cars enter I actually won all 4, I took her on Jakes (Ripped Fear) event called tea room tours which was a great weekend in her (although it rained a lot), had a feature filmed for CarWow and also was 1 of the cars used in the filming for Top Gear so quite a successful year overall :)

More updates to come as the engine is currently at SRD having a full rebuild and also sold my head and bought a vvti head which Lee is building for me atm :)

Will update with pics soon and will keep this thread updated better as it goes on :)

Hi Shawn,

Great build you’ve got here, always nice to see another car getting lots of love and care from Lee P and the boys. :thumbs:

Look forward to seeing your progress with the new engine build, especially the gains from the VVTI head. :)

Top work fella. :cool: