The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shawn's UK 3.4 V160 Single Ridox Widearch

ShawnPreece

Hi just thought I would start a thread for my new (well bought it just over a month ago now) Supra and updates on changes as I make them. Some of you will recognise the car as it used to belong to Robbie on the forum.

Here is the Spec of the car atm:

UK 6 Speed Single Turbo

Running gear:

Brakes-UK spec with uprated pads.

Suspension-tein adjustable (not sure what type)

Wheels- Kahn rsr 18 inch wheels- 275 rear tyres (r888's) Fronts 245 Pilot sport2's

Whiteline front and rear anti roll-bar kit

Braided brake lines

Engine:

Engine-Std internals

Boostlogic t67 dbb turbo kit with 3" downpipe

3" Stainless exhaust

HKS wastegate with recirculated onto the exhaust. (1.12 bar spring)

HKS BOV

HKS Intercooler

HKS Dli

JUN based inlet manifold with q45 throttle body and custom and low heat transfer gasket

Aluminium radiator

HKS Catch can

HKS Timing pulley

Aquamist direct port water or water/meth injection with multiple fail safes.

HKS fuel rail

HKS 1000cc injectors

Boostlogic twin pump fuel system and fuel regulator

Side mounted Oil cooler

Side mounted Power steering cooler

Gearbox v160 with heavy duty clutch and std flywheel

Electronics:

Hks EVC4 boost controller

Hks Knock amp A/F meter

HKS Fuel Adjustment controller

egt sensor/dial

Fuel pressure dial

Oil pressure dial

HKS Vpro Gold V3.2 - maps to run bio fuel mix - race fuel and 97 road fuel

Boot Battery relocation

Washer bottle relocation to boot

Exterior:

Standard Uk body

Lights -UK glass- Zenon headlights

attachment.php?attachmentid=220919&stc=1&d=1500474164

attachment.php?attachmentid=220920&stc=1&d=1500474164

attachment.php?attachmentid=220921&stc=1&d=1500474164

attachment.php?attachmentid=220922&stc=1&d=1500474164

attachment.php?attachmentid=220923&stc=1&d=1500474164

attachment.php?attachmentid=220924&stc=1&d=1500474172

My future plans:

Well when I bought it I wasn't sure whether to leave it as it was as its a very nice standard looking UK example but as time goes on you always think of idea's and see other Supra's so although I know a few of you might slate me for changing the body of the standard UK spec I have decided im going for a bodykit.... here is the list of plans I have (some may change and also some may be added as I go):

New re-trimmed interior in oxblood red leather (out of jay200bhp's supra) - I have so just waiting to fit

Full Ridox wide arch bodykit - I have everything now just waiting to get it fitted

A few Carbon and shiney bits in the engine bay.

Performance wise il be leaving it as it is as it's been set up brilliantly by Robbie and goes plenty well enough to produce smiles as I drive.

Im sure plans will change as I go but this is my plans atm and will keep you all updated as I go :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by SPG (see edit history)

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice motor mate, was this the car with the strange gearbox noises?

Looks real clean, as for the kit, leave it alone! its a nice sleeper

Thanks mate yeah that's the one, drive totally fine with it but whines quite abit, it's on the to do list for things to be looked at but drives nicely and previous owner said its been like it since he put it in so will do it after iv done the other bits :) yeah I did like the standard sleeper look and was thinking of leaving it as it is but I do like the ridox wide arch kit so persuaded myself into going for it

Nice looking car this one, look forward to more updates!

As for the bodykit, I'd leave it standard with some aggressive offset wheels. But that's jusy my opinion :).

Thanks mate :) yeah is ashame to modify the looks of a uk supra and nearly decided to leave it but just always wanted a wide arch supra and like the ridox one so decided to go for it

Looks nice Shawn and liking the sounds of your plans, looking forward to watching its build.

Just out of curiosity how comes you broke the blue one for this one? Loving my new wheels by the way (well the look not got it back on the road yet) [emoji6]

Thankyou mate :) and glad your liking your wheels they are a very nice looking set

I wanted to go single turbo and with the other one having a w58 gearbox it ment I was going to have to do the v160 conversion aswell as the single turbo conversion so buying one already done was far more cost effective, is ashame I had to break the other one and I did have it for sale for a little bit but it needed a little bit of money to be spent on it which I think put a few people off and so made it worth so much more to break rather than sell as a car

Lovely choice on the interior if I had a supra I definitely would have bought it myself seemed like a real bargain.

Can't say I'm a fan of changing to a bodykit but if everyone had a stock bodied car meets would be pretty boring so good choice on going with the ridox kit.

Will the car be staying stock white when you fit the kit?

Also what wheels will you be using to fill the wide arches?

Lovely choice on the interior if I had a supra I definitely would have bought it myself seemed like a real bargain.

Can't say I'm a fan of changing to a bodykit but if everyone had a stock bodied car meets would be pretty boring so good choice on going with the ridox kit.

Will the car be staying stock white when you fit the kit?

Also what wheels will you be using to fill the wide arches?

Thankyou mate yeah think it will look nice :) im keeping the standard Toyota White 040 that the car is in, I like the White and think it will go well with the Red on the interior.

Not sure about wheels yet I started looking into it as to what size I need for the rear arches and was told by a few people to wait till after the kit is fitted as the rear arches state they are 50mm wider but people are only getting about 30mm wider on average off them so been told to fit the kit first and have a measure up then to see what wheels I can go for then :)

Thankyou mate yeah think it will look nice :) im keeping the standard Toyota White 040 that the car is in, I like the White and think it will go well with the Red on the interior.

Not sure about wheels yet I started looking into it as to what size I need for the rear arches and was told by a few people to wait till after the kit is fitted as the rear arches state they are 50mm wider but people are only getting about 30mm wider on average off them so been told to fit the kit first and have a measure up then to see what wheels I can go for then :)

Nice choice the red will definitely look good with a white car and as you said I'd wait until the kits fitted so you can measure it and get wheels that will fit nice and flush.

With the wheels may I make a suggestion, is go with a wide set of work meisters or ccw lm5's in a polished finish. Both would awesome with the ridox kit.

Nice choice the red will definitely look good with a white car and as you said I'd wait until the kits fitted so you can measure it and get wheels that will fit nice and flush.

With the wheels may I make a suggestion, is go with a wide set of work meisters or ccw lm5's in a polished finish. Both would awesome with the ridox kit.

yeah definitely mate they are both very nice sets of wheels so would be one of my options depending on size and offsets :)

Cool, nice plans! Do you have your eyes set on some wheels to fit the Ridox widebody?

Cheers mate :) Not as of yet mate I am generally browsing from time to time to see whats available and had a few good suggestions but waiting till after the kit is fitted so I can know the exact width and offsets I can go for :)