The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Bayside Blue Aerotop 6 Speed

bayside_supra

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So I thought I would resurrect my old project thread as I have just picked the car up from another big transformation.

I will run through all the improvements that have been made over the last 18 months first though....

I had the interior fully retrimmed in black leather with blue stitching and alcantara headlining.

imageimage

More pics here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?333231-New-interior-is-finally-done!-Picture-heavy

Then I got rid of the horrible Isotta steering wheel and fitted this Momo Jet one which is lovely [emoji4]

I then completed the interior by having the dashboard hydro dipped.

More pics here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?336667-Had-my-dash-dipped

Then a few months ago I decided I wanted more power....

Edited by bayside_supra (see edit history)

I spoke with Whifbitz about going single thinking it would be a single turbo kit and a remap and I would be away. I then found out it was a slightly bigger project then that lol.

After pretty much tripling my original budget, this is the spec I have ended up with.

Garage Whifbitz twin wastegate turbo kit with a Borg warner SXE 66mm turbo

Syvecs S6 ecu

Toucan display

Walbro 450lph fuel pump

Sard 800cc injectors

Ngk iridium spark plugs

Turbosmart raceport BOV

SPEC stage 2+ clutch

SPEC lightened flywheel

Whifbitz cooling plate

Whifbitz 264 cams

Whifbitz 4" intercooler

Whifbitz aluminium radiator

Whifbitz stage 1 catch tank

SRD aluminium front bumper undertray

Hurst line lock kit

Plus all the other little bits you do when you do something like this, turbo blanket etc... new oem discs and cw pads.

The hope is to get 660 hp. Romain at Syvecs attempted to map the car to 1.7 bar today but due to the local hub dyno being broken we had to go to the local rolling road which he could not get traction on. So currently the car is running 1.2 bar, which in this weather is enough to light the wheels up at 80mph in 4th!

I still got to experience the noise of a single turbo Supe today, which is immense. And my anti lag works! Which made my brother piss himself laughing.

I also took the opportunity to do some tidying up under the bonnet, so I painted the inlet manifold and cam covers in VHT titanium paint which I think looks quite smart. Replaced the ETCS sticker with a brand new one. And done the brake calipers in a goldy coppery colour which I took inspiration from a Nissan GTR calliper colour. It's not quite the same but I still love it and it looks great on the car. It's much more metallic gold then it looks in the pics.

Here's some pics of the engine...

So I've been very busy! And hopefully over the next couple of weeks the mapping can be completed and the weather will pick up so I can actually put my foot down and the rear hook up in a lower gear than 5th lol.

I am close to having my perfect Supra. Hope you all like.

Edited by bayside_supra (see edit history)

Thanks everyone [emoji3] I am over the moon just want it to stop raining/snowing!

Hemanhead The costs were a lot more than I had ever planned but you can't put a price on a dream can you [emoji6] thanks for your help along the way though. These Goodyears won't last long so some much stickier rubber will be required soon.

Mr Bean I'm glad you won't be selling now, I would love to see one in BMW estoril blue or marina blue. I bet both would look amazing.

• bayside_supra changed the title to My Bayside Blue Aerotop 6 Speed