The mkiv Supra Owners Club

6Speed Aerotop Single Turbo Project Aurora (PICS!)

Hitbox Junkie

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought a few little bits and bobs. Going to be investing in a toucan soon too.

As I'm not a fan of gauges so may as well get all in one.

Ordered this from amazon to install MICTUNING 2.1A Dual 2 Port USB Charger Socket Wiring Fuse Push Switch Panel Car For Toyota MICTUNING Universal Twin Dual Double Port 2 USB 12V In Car Socket Lighter Charger Adapter https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FD6BOGE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_WBNUyb02R917G

I got that, you will be disappointed to learn it doesn't fit as well as you might think, needs a bit of work to get it looking ok, I have considered getting it made flush with the dash panel and filling then respraying the panel with the switch in place to blend it in.... still good to have USB ports though for satnav and phone.

I got that, you will be disappointed to learn it doesn't fit as well as you might think, needs a bit of work to get it looking ok, I have considered getting it made flush with the dash panel and filling then respraying the panel with the switch in place to blend it in.... still good to have USB ports though for satnav and phone.

Yeah I will end up using the dremel and tinkering to get it to fit. While looking oem

• 2 weeks later...

Replaced the 15a blade fuse and bingo all working again. So the air con/heater is tide in with the cig lighter. Photos posted for.anyone looking or needing them hope this helps people out in the future.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]217540[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]217541[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]217543[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]217544[/ATTACH]

• 4 weeks later...

So the car is ready to go to SRD to get final mapped and teething problems sorted. I was meant to drive up Saturday with the girlfriend in the Audi so we can get back but we both had sickness or food poisoning and as I wasn't leaving the toilest seat any time soon Saturday it was best to not take the 2hour trip to srd unfortunately. But it will be going up there early Saturday so I can miss all the traffic and as the car cuts out when I stop at lights or slow speeds going from 3rd to 2nd or going into 1st it's frustrating to drive. Love the car and when it's going it's awesome just be glad to get it sorted and final mapping done as I've done the engine run in miles now.

Bought a toucan last week and Paul from wifblitz managed to get it to be on the Friday as I was taking to srd with me saturday but this didn't happen

But least it will be soon.

I did how ever get my dash out last week and got rid of alot.of glue and sanded it all down (will post pictures when I have my Internet back for the pc as I can't upload them from the phone it gets frustrating.) When car is back in a few week's I will take dash apart again and spray them to a dark charcoal colour like the facelift dash colour.

Been looking at xxr 531 wheels want 17s on the rear and 18s on the front but don't know the fitments that would fit flush with stock arches if any one can help would be great. I'd like these to also fit over UK brakes and don't want the whole stance look. But may wait and get ccws over winter.(personal favourite)

Over all love the car. But once issues sorted I will then drive it so much more. I have some. Videos and I get so annoyed in them when it cuts out in would. Have to bleep a lot of it out but again waiting for Internet to up load the vids but will also get some drive by when the car is back as I'm going to put together a montage as just learning a lot of video photography.

Will update soon :)

- - - Updated - - -

So the car is ready to go to SRD to get final mapped and teething problems sorted. I was meant to drive up Saturday with the girlfriend in the Audi so we can get back but we both had sickness or food poisoning and as I wasn't leaving the toilest seat any time soon Saturday it was best to not take the 2hour trip to srd unfortunately. But it will be going up there early Saturday so I can miss all the traffic and as the car cuts out when I stop at lights or slow speeds going from 3rd to 2nd or going into 1st it's frustrating to drive. Love the car and when it's going it's awesome just be glad to get it sorted and final mapping done as I've done the engine run in miles now.

Bought a toucan last week and Paul from wifblitz managed to get it to be on the Friday as I was taking to srd with me saturday but this didn't happen

I did how ever get my dash out last week and got rid of alot.of glue and sanded it all down (will post pictures when I have my Internet back for the pc as I can't upload them from the phone it gets frustrating.) When car is back in a few week's I will take dash apart again and spray them to a dark charcoal colour like the facelift dash colour.

Been looking at xxr 531 wheels want 17s on the rear and 18s on the front but don't know the fitments that would fit flush with stock arches if any one can help would be great. I'd like these to also fit over UK brakes and don't want the whole stance look. But may wait and get ccws over winter.(personal favourite)

Over all love the car. But once issues sorted I will then drive it so much more. I have some. Videos and I get so annoyed in them when it cuts out in would. Have to bleep a lot of it out but again waiting for Internet to up load the vids but will also get some drive by when the car is back as I'm going to put together a montage as just learning a lot of video photography.

Nice to see its time for final mapping :) hope all the teething issues are sorted and the car will be running perfect after all the time and effort gone into it :) look forward to seeing it at wroxhall :)

Car dropped off to Lee today, we spent a lot of time messaging in the week that has past, I loaded syvecs onto my old laptop that doesn't hold charge and Lee told me what to look for. Can't express my appreciation to him. Any ways car is with him now, for bits, bobs and power runs/ power mapping.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would update here. the engine oil pressure dropping was bad news unfortunately not a sensor :(

Any ways its had clutch block crank bearings oil pump some gaskets and a turbo blanket. Its also got its time on the dyno if you havent seen the video on the SRD facebook page. here is the video.

I'm over the moon with it looking forward to picking her up in a couple weeks.

There is more in it just need to get a bigger mid pipe which Lee had told me before as this is restricting it.

dyno graph

attachment.php?attachmentid=218812&d=1494430428

IMG-20170509-WA0004 paint.jpg

Edited by Hitbox Junkie (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

So took a trip out to see my sister and my baby niece, My friend came down from Peterborough with his new born and of course wanted to go in the supra so took him out and left the girls with the baby's.

My niece likes the car :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=219668&d=1497779043

Its not the speed that I enjoy, it is the savage acceleration and the sounds these cars make :love:

What SRD have accomplished in the months Lee and crew have had it are beyond words of explanation

short clip :)

I've plenty to get done on the car, such as audio, inertia clean up, sort the paint out, get a stock shift kit, twin plate clutch, and then some CCW wheels. all hopefully in the next 12 months. over winter time and ready for next year and possibly dragon ball 2018

Niece and supra.jpg

• 2 months later...

So been using the supra daily as ive been office bassed the last couple weeks with my new job and loving it. I need to sort the power steering out as it's making a horrible noise I will get a video at some point.

I make car alarms go off when parking so have to park next to the diggers :lol:

Here's a picture next to a fellow Toyota supporter.

attachment.php?attachmentid=222167&d=1504170263

2017-08-31 09.57.13.jpg

• 4 months later...

Car dropped back at SRD for hks clutch to be fitted with an oem shifter assembly and MOT, To hopefully make for a better drive.

May even go with LED interia conversion too.

So now I'm single again time to get the head down pump the over time in and get a deposit sorted for my own place. May also have more funds over the next year to treat the car and get to some events over summer.

The car has been neglected the last few months so it will probably get a good detail too ready for summer to enjoy her.

• 1 month later...

So new clutch is in, new cradle fitted with stock shifter and had new inspection plates fitted. This has completely changed how it drives and the hks clutch makes it so much more inviting to drive. Drove her yesterday through the snow and she didn't batter an eyelid. Got a bit sideways on a round about but that was just a bit of fun and easily controllable

attachment.php?attachmentid=225852&d=1520151235

attachment.php?attachmentid=225853&d=1520151260

attachment.php?attachmentid=225854&d=1520151308

So after Lee worked his magic it was sent over to Atlantic - valieting and detailing to have a go at bringing up the paint work as I've never been happy with it and to say the least i was speechless when I collected her yesterday.

attachment.php?attachmentid=225855&d=1520151671

Below is before with just a quick rinse and above is after when finished.

attachment.php?attachmentid=225856&d=1520151708

Closer picture of it finished.

Some 50/50's

attachment.php?attachmentid=225859&d=1520154901

attachment.php?attachmentid=225860&d=1520154979

attachment.php?attachmentid=225861&d=1520155017

attachment.php?attachmentid=225862&d=1520155049

attachment.php?attachmentid=225863&d=1520155070

IMG-20180131-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20180207-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20180131-WA0003.jpg

IMG_20180228_131436_180.jpg

IMG-20180303-WA0017.jpg

FB_IMG_1519822827180.jpg

FB_IMG_1519822846211.jpg

FB_IMG_1519822837152.jpg

FB_IMG_1519822841212.jpg

FB_IMG_1519822817830.jpg