The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rolling road day

RichTrdAlsop

• 4 weeks later...
Car is ready for this Saturday! Not only do I hope for a healthy dyno result, but also to survive that long drive after such a long garage slumber.

Excellent! I'm quite sure that since David's been working his magic, it will be fine. Have you filled in the disclaimer? There's a link to it on the PH site, but I've copied it in here:

http://www.enginetuning.net/rolling-road-disclaimer/

What time are you hoping to get there? I'm hoping to arrive as close to 08:30 as possible, as I don't want to be there all day :). Saying that, it looks like I'm going to have to be in the car for around 06:30 :blink:

Car is ready for this Saturday! Not only do I hope for a healthy dyno result, but also to survive that long drive after such a long garage slumber.

The only thing you need worry about are those 3 flat spotted 8 1/2 years old Nankang Ditchfinders.

It's a stock unopened lump of unknown mileage running on OE ECU.

Mods are; K&N induction, Rush headers and 3" exhaust system.

Fuel pressure was running @ 55 psi as recommended for headers, however, the AFR ran rich, so have reset to stock 48 psi.

I was expecting a little more, but don't think the engine can suck very well through the restrictive OE hot-wire MAF sensor orifice.

It is a responsive torque-y drive with no fuel, ignition or sensor issues and the Hybrid transmission, SupraStick and flappy-paddles function correctly.

New OE injectors, new iridium plugs, new O2 sensors and good coil-packs.

No knocks, rattles or shakes, starts first time, runs sweetly with clean oil and sounds a treat. :)

As the oil runs clean and the engine runs evenly, I don't suspect a problem with compression, however, when the inlet manifold was replaced the ports could be seen to be mildly coked up and it might benefit from a Terra clean?

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Was a good outing :) Car first made made 320bhp which I was very happy with, then it was corrected and made 256bhp :rolleyes:. Results below.

Found this info linked below, assuming the dyno's are talking the same language and not counting what improvement the modifications might, or might not be, it appears that 34 horses could be missing along with 70 ft-lb of torque.

Add VVTI mechanism function check to the list?

http://www.lexusv8engines.co.za/1uz-fe-vvt-i-4l-v8/

• 10 months later...

2017 PH Rolling road day

Bump for the latest rolling road day at Clive Atthowes.

"Clive Atthowe Tuning, Norwich, on the Saturday 8th April when we'll be running from 8:30am 'til late afternoon.

As usual, you'll need to stick your name down on the thread on PH.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=121&t=1655238&i=999999

Keen to see what my standard vvti car makes before mods. :)

• 2 weeks later...
2017 PH Rolling road day

Bump for the latest rolling road day at Clive Atthowes.

"Clive Atthowe Tuning, Norwich, on the Saturday 8th April when we'll be running from 8:30am 'til late afternoon.

As usual, you'll need to stick your name down on the thread on PH.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=121&t=1655238&i=999999

Keen to see what my standard vvti car makes before mods. :)

Thanks, will be there!