The mkiv Supra Owners Club

March trackday bargains

Steve H

Just a quick note to say that we are running a couple of Trackaction-Online club trackdays during March and would welcome any old or new faces along.

On the 3rd we are at Snetterton on the full 300 circuit and then over to Cadwell Park on the 23rd.

Both days are open pitlane, limited numbers to ensure there is plenty of space on track and free tuition will be available.

Cost for each event is just £119 or if you'd like to book both you can get the pair for £199; less than a hundred quid a day is hard to beat!

It's been a little while since I posted any of our trackdays up on here so I hope it's still OK to mention them (apologies to mods if it's any problem!), those of you that have been to our events before will know that we aim to have no queueing to get on circuit and to have a friendly club atmosphere both on and off track. Novices are very welcome, we generally have a wide mix of experience on our days which seems to work very well.

Anyhoo, if you'd like to book just CLICK HERE or if you have any questions please shout up.

Thanks

Steve H

Trackaction-Online

Would be good to have you along. I instructed in a couple of Supras at Silverstone late last year and I was very impressed by how well they went, we should see more of them on track.

i have been meaning to try a track day, is there any rules that i should be aware of, other than road legal?

Regards.

i have been meaning to try a track day, is there any rules that i should be aware of, other than road legal?

Regards.

Road legal and you need both parts of your UK road license. Sign a consent form and your away.

Format is normally some boring briefing on how to drive on a track, however if you have never done it before listen carefully as they will explain how flags work, the overtaking rules (basically not into corners and always on the left. Always by consent) and what time lunch is and the end of the day :D

You will then do some sighting laps to get used to the track at a slow pace behind a pace car. Use this to learn where the track goes.

Then your let out if its an open pit lane day. It would be advisable to have someone thats got some experience with you so they can point things out to you. Also don't go out there an go for it straight away, take the morning to learn the track, learn your car but most of all to learn your limits. Then as the afternoon goes on and you get used to it let the speed build up.

Thats about it really, oh and count for easily using a full tank of fuel.

Some good pointers, makes sure the car is mechanically sound.

All fluids have been checked

brakes are in good condition and ideally have some decent fast road or track pads in there

Check torque of wheel nuts (its amazing how many cars you see with missing wheels). Its advisable to check these through the day too as the heat cycles can loosen them.

Most of all have fun.

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

Would be good to have you along. I instructed in a couple of Supras at Silverstone late last year and I was very impressed by how well they went, we should see more of them on track.

Hi Steve, i think you may have sat in with me for a few laps on the 6th november?, silver supra on slicks,

• 5 weeks later...
Nice 1 Steve, are you instructing that day, wouldn`t mind you jumping in for a few laps as i havn`t done the new circuit at snet.

No, we'll have instructors on but if I get time I'll be happy to jump in for a few laps. The Pug is the car I'm racing this year so I need to get some seat time as first priority though!

• 3 weeks later...

We had a great day out on Tuesday, bit of a quiet response from on here but it was good to see Simon again and there's time to get more in for the next one!

I had great fun in my little Peugeot, getting some practice in for it's first race in a few weeks.

We had a wet morning

followed by dry afternoon

seemed to work pretty well and aside from a few red flags we had no queueing all day which was how we all like it!

Next up is Cadwell in three weeks, only £119 for full open pit lane and free instruction so shout up if you'd like to join us!

Steve H

Trackaction-Online

SHOP LINK