The mkiv Supra Owners Club

using too much fuel or?

Guest Pricer69

Guest Pricer69

hey guys

just a quick question, how much fuel do you guys use per week lol? i got a 3.0 N/A with double decat and race manifold that i got from the US. im using like £60 and that gets me 240-250 miles, sometimes if that, i hardly ever change above 3k. i havent got a clue if thats good or not lol was hoping someone could help me out :)

cheers

I've been wondering the same thing, last time I filled up from near empty I went 275 miles before needing to refuel, with a mix of fast motorway / city driving. Even though it's a 3.0, I'm sure it can do a little more.

From what I understand, as a start make sure you don't have any exhaust leaks and give the o2 sensors a check (there is a guide for it somewhere on the forum)

I've been wondering the same thing, last time I filled up from near empty I went 275 miles before needing to refuel, with a mix of fast motorway / city driving. Even though it's a 3.0, I'm sure it can do a little more.

From what I understand, as a start make sure you don't have any exhaust leaks and give the o2 sensors a check (there is a guide for it somewhere on the forum)

02 sensors are probably black as anything.

Get some new ones from http://www.rockauto.com, that's cheap enough,

A good service and it should be sorted.

What fuel are you using?

02 sensors are probably black as anything.

Get some new ones from www.rockauto.com, that's cheap enough,

A good service and it should be sorted.

What fuel are you using?

Ah thanks for the link, was wondering where cheaper ones could be found. Will get a new pair and report back to see if it makes any difference.

Usually just use 95 most of the time, only go 97 for longer drives.

I did a regular 100 mile trip twice per month when I had the 3.0 motor in and it cost me £60 (200 miles=£60). Cleaned my 02 sensors in lemon juice and it made no noticeable difference.

They could of been goosed.

I did every trick to clean and get more, nothing.

Brand new 02 sensors and it was like driving a different care

Ah thanks for the link, was wondering where cheaper ones could be found. Will get a new pair and report back to see if it makes any difference.

Usually just use 95 most of the time, only go 97 for longer drives.

I used Tesco 99 and got over 300 a tank, and once a month shell v power nitro to give it a good clean internally