The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bad day, some thing knocking in idle.

Reyft

I came home then find space to park my car, stopped the car (automatic 2jz gte) to reverse in parking space when i put reverse gear and full acceleration in 2000 rpm, same time i heard knocking noise from engine or gearbox!!,

I just turn off engine & pushed with friend to parked,

UnTill i put reverse gear every thing was sound perfect idle, push it hard or even cold start first in morning not any little knocking from engine..

It is just happened in sec!!

I cant believe that very good condition 77,000 mile engine does to me that!!

Before i came home i drive it hard 1.4 bar & pushed hard ect..

So now when i start engine anytime it is makes loud knoking, just started 6 sec to learn what is it!!

But hard to say

What could be this knocking do you are think ?

Any one had like this experience!?

I have some idea but tell me what do you think you are first please,

Thanks for interesting..

Edited by Reyft (see edit history)

It's a six cylinder piston engine that works just like piston engines have from the year dot. *ANY* decent mechanic should be able to listen to it offer a professional opinion as to what it may be. You are far better finding such a person locally and asking them to listen to it. Diagnosing by e-mail, from afar is just a waste of time. Just do the basics and check there's oil in the sump, no lights are staying on on the dash that should not be, and there's no oil under the car, and get local advice. That's my advice anyway ;) I wouldn't keep starting it to attempt a diagnosis, given the symptoms.

That make me mixed up because it is just happened in idle!!!

No it is 1.4 bar 607 hp 700cc injectors and every think it is need.. All done professional..

I know it is low mileage engine!

Anyway i think big end bolt or crack piston!

I hope engine block is fine.

I will check cylinders with camera to find any mark there, if not, will check piston movement with turn crank by hand if any free play piston rods then open sump.

Time to spent money then!!

So i think i have enough idea myself!!

may be it is flywheel but sound like i'm not that lucky this time!!

Thanks all

Maybe it's done 177,000 miles.

Not many things knock inside an engine, bottom end possibly, post up a video, whats the oil like in it ?

New Oil gets dark in it 1,500 mile after hard use, i use valvoline 10w - 60 oil is good

Service done 2500 mile ego

Pay membership and join up this is a great forum ;).

Supra's are great to ;)

I had not problem with this toy yet this way,

I love old shape Toyota's they are very strong & good choose to hardly use.. Japan engineers build this cars very attentive,

They are not like new shapes Chinese shit!!

especially when open heater fan to full power first few sec fan-motor start low voltage to rev little up then later gives full power, technic to save fan-motor doesn't makes to much resistance in system & motor

;) soon as will get member, thanks..

You could cut the oil filter open and endoscope through the sump plug to look for shrapnel in the oil filter, or on the oil pump pick up gauze. A leakdown test should show piston damage sufficient to cause a knock. If a big end bolt has failed you'd experience a lot more than just a knock :) Good luck, hope it's nothing too dire.

You could cut the oil filter open and endoscope through the sump plug to look for shrapnel in the oil filter, or on the oil pump pick up gauze. A leakdown test should show piston damage sufficient to cause a knock. If a big end bolt has failed you'd experience a lot more than just a knock :) Good luck, hope it's nothing too dire.

Thank you MR Chris..