The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mike's White Widearch N/A Supra Project

Mike2JZ

Hi All,

I've waited a long time to make this post!

After being picked up by charlton in his other Supra, we soon arrived at our destination where the following was waiting

attachment.php?attachmentid=192185&stc=1&d=1412357688

Being an N/A there isn't much sexy going on in the engine department but there is a full wide body genuine veilside C2 bodykit.

Can't really say I've ever been a fan of the veilside kit, but in the flesh the look definitely grew on me

attachment.php?attachmentid=192184&stc=1&d=1412357688

Unfortunately for the kit, I don't think the spoiler will be staying for fears of going airborne at high speeds. Not sure how I feel about the rear bumper either, but planning on leaving it on for now.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192186&stc=1&d=1412357688

After poking and prodding the car and going through a checklist of questions I was confident that this car was going home with me the following day. Whilst there is some work that needs to be done, the car is pretty much rust free and sitting idle for 2 years hasn't left any obvious problems.

We left it there for the day on a good note and with a good sized hole left in my wallet. Sleeping on a friends floor in a nearby town overnight was a contender for the most restless night in my life.

At the crack of dawn the following day, me and charlton met up again and made our way to the Supra for a last minute clean & filling out of documentation.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192188&stc=1&d=1412357708

Given that the Supra had been sitting idles for ages, it wasn't surprising to find a mess upon opening the engine bay. Colonies of spiders & other woodland creatures had taken up residence during the cars idle period.

15 minutes with a pressure washer soon fixed that problem thankfully. The bay will need a proper going over in the future, but at least 2 years of muck has been cleaned off.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192190&stc=1&d=1412357708

Soon afterwards the recovery driver, Dave, turned up and started loading the Supra, much to charltons displeasure. For anyone in the south east, I would highly recommend Dave's services, he was a total gent and went out of his way to help me getting the Supra back home safely.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192189&stc=1&d=1412357708

With the final handshakes and goodbye's out the way, much to the neighbors surprise, the once idle white Supra was off!

attachment.php?attachmentid=192182&stc=1&d=1412357655

Soon afterwards the Supra was unloaded at it's new home & with minimal front bumper scraping, we managed to get it parked in its new home.

What a day! I'm over the moon and can't wait to get started fixing the car and getting it running.

I fear my checklist of things to do is going to grow very long as time goes on, but for now this are what I will be working on asap.

• Re-Assemble Heater Matrix (waiting on parts currently)
  • Install the dash
  • Buy & Install new battery
  • Service all fluids
  • Get the engine running
  • MOT
  • Install TRD Spoiler + New front bumper

Once all that's out the way, then I will begin the long process of restoring everything I can get my hands on to it's former glory.

Shout out to charlton who has been a legend since I got in contact, I doubt most car sales go as smooth as that.

So that's all for now, updates soon!

IMG_0118 , October 03, 2014.jpg

IMG_0119 , October 03, 2014.jpg

IMG_0120 , October 03, 2014.jpg

IMG_5595 , October 02, 2014.jpg

IMG_5596 , October 02, 2014.jpg

IMG_5597 , October 02, 2014.jpg

IMG_5598 , October 02, 2014.jpg

IMG_5599 , October 03, 2014.jpg

IMG_5600 , October 03, 2014.jpg

IMG_5601 , October 03, 2014.jpg

IMG_5602 , October 03, 2014.jpg

Edited by Mike2JZ (see edit history)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cry::cry::cry: it was a sad day for me, like watching your kids move out. You're happy for them but you'll miss them really! Glad it's going to someone who has the passion and enthusiasm that I had, and credit to you too for making the transaction painless.

Cool! Congrats. Sure I saw this on eBay

I hope it wasn't on eBay as I only advertised through the club, don't want someone trying to profit out of it and leaving a potential member out of pocket!

Subscribed for updates :thumbs:

Met up with bonus_2000 this morning to pick up his old TRD spoiler

attachment.php?attachmentid=192381&stc=1&d=1412541768

Quick test fit & everything seems in good order. Obviously spoiler still needs to be painted white, but the fitment and shape work well I think

attachment.php?attachmentid=192382&stc=1&d=1412541768

The old veilside spoiler left some marks from where it used to sit, I forgot to grab a picture but has anyone got anything they can recommend to clean it off with?

Also made a start preparing the new heater matrix (left). It's water pipes should arrive in the next few days, so looking forward to putting everything back together.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192384&stc=1&d=1412542345

Call me boring but I much prefer the stock interior look/colors, so made a start sanding down all the white dash panels before they are repainted.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192385&stc=1&d=1412542345

20141004_220340669_iOS.jpg

20141004_232335877_iOS.jpg

20141005_173100403_iOS.jpg

trd1.jpg

trd.jpg

matrix.jpg

dash1.jpg

I have a mop and some fine cut somewhere.

If you get some poorboys Diamond white and some wax it would clean it up in no time

Also Dave the recovery man is awesome

Thanks! I'll look into getting some.

Yeah he was such a safe guy, knew his cars as well, will definitely be using him again in the future.

Early this morning received the new heater matrix water pipes from JayJay1374, so let the fun begin.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192479&stc=1&d=1412707694

Wrestled with the heater matrix and ac unit and got it back in after some struggles. Hoping I've done everything right, the thought of taking this all out again makes me cry a little on the inside.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192477&stc=1&d=1412707437

Got the crash bar installed next & some other bits and pieces. Ran into a bit of a wall wondering what a certain pipe was, by the time I found out what it was the sun disappeared.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192478&stc=1&d=1412707437

Gonna get up early tomorrow, install the dash, plug in electronics and other last minute jobs.

dash.jpg

dash1.jpg

pipes.jpg

Got up at sunrise today to get back to work.

First things first, get the dash installed again. Went reasonably smoothly, though finding all the screws points was an interesting little game.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192540&stc=1&d=1412795738

Followed next by the passenger panels, plugging in the rest of the electrics & some other loose ends.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192541&stc=1&d=1412795738

Will be spray painting the driver side dash panels overnight and install them tomorrow. So hopefully that will be the end of the dash re-install, looking forward to it.

Also received a new 3'' exhaust gasket today, so installed the backbox again.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192542&stc=1&d=1412795738

Gotta say I love the look of the exhaust itself, 4 inch muffler works really well.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192543&stc=1&d=1412795738

Unfortunately the exhaust isn't sitting exactly how I would like it, due to the fact I'm holding it up currently with elastic bands :X got some metal brackets to install tomorrow which will sort the position out.

dash2.jpg

dash3.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

Fantastic news Mike!! Really happy for you! I remember the first time I met you at Bluewater a few years ago and you really wanted a Supra.

Now it is happening :D

Can't believe that was almost 3/4 years ago. The wait has been real. If everything goes to plan I'll bring it to the November bluewater meet :D

The veilside kit is growing on me, in a kind of retro cool way, I'd put the spoiler back on.

Well I won't be throwing out the veilside spoiler. Might switch between the two I've got as time goes on. The veilside spoiler needs some refurb done on it first though

Think I will be taking my build in this sort of direction though.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192556&stc=1&d=1412847566

Didnt take you to long to get all that back in then.

The matrix all fire up ok?

It's been alright so far, just not enough daylight hours in the day to work on the car & do other things as well. Getting there though.

Haven't tested the matrix yet, once the car is running then I will go back and check all other systems.

Well done on the heater matrix exchange and getting all the dash back in pal, remember doing this on my old UK spec, looked like a bomb had gone off and like it would never go back together!

Good work!

attachment.php?attachmentid=192555&stc=1&d=1412847566

Now I'm not a painter so the finish on the panels aren't great, but the matt black paintjob seems to have worked out ok. Will need to get these redone by someone who has a clue about paints sometime in the future though.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192557&stc=1&d=1412847566

unnamed.jpg

IMG_3322.jpg

dash4.jpg