The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OEM seat Installation

Yarco

Hi

Just looking for a bit of feedback. I fitted some leather seats in my 1997 Supra on the weekend. The driver side went in fine but passenger was a pain in the a-se. The leather seats I bought are OEM so I assumed they would just drop in. In the end I had to cross thread one bolt on the passenger side to get it in. The cross thread hasn't affected its securement, it's well in there and probably will never come out again! lol. I thought all OEM seats were the same but I guess it will vary slightly from model to model. Anyone else had this? :)

As far as I'm aware, all OEM seats, including the optional Recaros and later 'manual' drivers seat, are fully interchangeable.

It it more likely that one of the subframe brackets has been bent in storage.

Ye I'd go with that as the passenger side has subframes which are angled, not flat like the driver side. What a nightmare though, 20mins on driver side and 1.5 hours on the passenger side!

They're exactly the same mate. What was the actual issue you had? was it the bolt holes not lining up? It's often best to put the bolts into the holes in a certain order.

Basically the passenger side just wouldn't line up no matter which order I put the bolts in or whether the seat was tilted or reclined. In the end I broke out the elbow grease and forced it to line up and had to cross thread one bolt because it would go in straight.

The brackets shouldn't be straight, they should be angled. Something sounds a bit strange here.

Did you take any pictures of them to compare? They may have been bent, as suggested. At the rear the inner side should have 2 bolts IIRC.

The bracket/frame is angled on the passenger seat but not on the driver seat. As mentioned the passsenger side is more prone to being bent out of shape because the braket/frame is angled.

The bracket/frame is angled on the passenger seat but not on the driver seat. As mentioned the passsenger side is more prone to being bent out of shape because the braket/frame is angled.

The brackets, from memory, are exactly the same on both sides..... just a mirror image.