The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heater Panel in Centre Console Unresponsive

marbleapple

Morning all

Car has just passed its MOT 1st time without any issues :)

On return from the garage I've noticed that the buttons on the heater control panel in the centre console are not lighting up and are unresponsive. The other units in the dash are working fine. Could it be related to the MOT test perhaps?

The only time I've had this issue has been because I've removed the dash and forgotten to plug a connector back in. At some point I'll remove the dash quickly and just check there isn't a fault connection.

I just wondered if there is anything else you guys would recommend that I check before messing around with the dash?

Cheers

Richard

Thanks for the replies so far. Appreciated.

Rear fog light is part of MOT test, has someone wired it in a daft manner and it's testing has blown a shared fuse, probably in the RH footwell outer side panel.

Chris,

Its a possibility but the car is a UK Spec so no real foglight sillyness. I usually have a Jap spec rear light fitted (I prefer them) but I swapped it over for a UK spec light prior to the test. It was a simply matter of plug and play. I will try check this though.

could the off button be stuck in

I'll give that a try. Could be an explaination.

Gotta be either a blown fuse or loose connection at back,try lightly tapping the side of the dashboard works for me when my heater control lights dont always come on

I confess that this is my usual approach to such things. I've already tapped it. My next plan was to see if the plugs were loose by removing the dash panel

Just a random idea based on what things get tested that may not normally be actuated. Hopefully it's just a badly seated connector, good luck! I am going to do fuse kits for the drivers footwell fuse box that illiminate if blown, they are a right fiddle to mess with on a winter's night!

I'll be the first to put my name down :)

• 2 years later...

Hi

I've got the same problem. My heater panel is not working at all. It has working lights but that's all. Not even rear heated window works. It is completely off. I checked the fuses in engine bay and near gas pedal and they are all ok. The panel was resoldered and it didn't help. Any guesses what might be wrong?

Checked The wiring and some wires near gas pedal were in very bad condition. Fixed it and both ac panel and folding mirrors started working. Somebody who was installing the alarm did bad job and messed harness up

/QUOTE]

Nice to know it was an easy fix !