The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Luc's SRD900 Supra - CEA 6766 turbo

Luxluc

Engine Type - Single Turbo was TT originally

Engine Spec - Built Engine with Mahle 86.5mm pistons and Carillo Rods, SRD Stage 5 Head with 280 camshafts, GReddy intake manifold, HKS exhaust manifold with screamer pipe.

Turbo - CEA 6766 1.00 A/R Twin Scroll.

Fuel Used - Luxembourg V-Power (only 1% ethanol) / 50% ethanol

Fuel setup- ASNU 1100 injectors, twin Walbro 485 pumps, Flex fuel kit with teflon lines

Exhaust - 4" DP/MP with Whifbitz 4" Ti single box exhaust

Transmission - V160

ECU - Syvecs

Mapped By - 2barTuning

Dyno Used - Abbey Hub Dyno

Power figure - 756 rhhp on VPower / 840 rhhp on 50% ethanol

Torque figure - 598 ftlbs on VPower / 703 ftlbs on 50% ethanol

Boost Pressure - 1.7 bar on VPower (red curve) / 2bar on 50% ethanol (blue curve)

The green curve was 1.7 bar on 50% ethanol, but with a lot more timing.

Edited by Luxluc (see edit history)

Beast! :D

:D :d

Luc, great figures! How does the CEA compare to the S366 for spool up?

The 6766 spools quicker than the S366 Glenn (even that the 6766 has a 1.00 AR housing, and my S366 was a 0.91 AR). It confirms what the yanks told me when I asked for advice. SP (Sound Performance) told me that the 6766 would spool a couple of 100 rpm quicker, plus push around 50 bhp and 50 tq more. I uploaded the BL setup in the dyno section too. You can compare.

Edited by Luxluc (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Dan ep3 turbo
The injectors were approaching the limit mate. Ryan raised the base pressure to 4 bar / 60 psi. The injectors were at 89% DC on 52% ethanol.

Nice results from a 67mm turbo, how different does the car feel to drive on the precision compared to the boost lab s366? You going to try a Borg Warner efr at all?

Nice results from a 67mm turbo, how different does the car feel to drive on the precision compared to the boost lab s366? You going to try a Borg Warner efr at all?

See post #4 mate.

I won't try the BW EFR turbos .... but those Precision Gen2 turbos seem to be great.

Guest Dan ep3 turbo

I no you said a couple of hundred rpm earlier but I wondered if it felt more of a difference under real life conditions rather than just duno runs? Are you not to over keen on the efr then?

What have you done with your bl s366?

Dan

I no you said a couple of hundred rpm earlier but I wondered if it felt more of a difference under real life conditions rather than just duno runs? Are you not to over keen on the efr then?

What have you done with your bl s366?

Dan

My old BL366 has been sold Dan.

The 6766 feels a lot more agressive mate; those 700+ ftlbs are awesome. I see 1.4 bar @ 4000 rpm in 4th gear, 1.7 bar @ 4200 rpm.

Guest Dan ep3 turbo
My old BL366 has been sold Dan.

The 6766 feels a lot more agressive mate; those 700+ ftlbs are awesome. I see 1.4 bar @ 4000 rpm in 4th gear, 1.7 bar @ 4200 rpm.

I would have been interested in that you got any other turbo you want to sell?seems you have tried a few different turbos? Didn't the bl make slightly more power and torque at slightly less boost? wish a 6766 would spoil like that on my rb26. Any reason you didn't go for a bb 6766? I no from the test sound performance have done the bb and jb pt are a lot closer performance wise than some would expect

The boost lab made 9 hp less but 8 ftlb more but the bl was running 1.5 bar and precision 1.7?

pay attention mate. When the BL was dyno'ed, I had UK VPower Nitro in the tank.

With the 6766, I had only crappy Luxembourg Shell V-Power in the tank (1% ethanol only).

You can't really compare the 2 sheets ;)

Nice result :thumbs:

Thanks Ibrar :)

Guest Dan ep3 turbo
pay attention mate. When the BL was dyno'ed, I had UK VPower Nitro in the tank.

With the 6766, I had only crappy Luxembourg Shell V-Power in the tank (1% ethanol only).

You can't really compare the 2 sheets ;)

Thanks Ibrar :)

My bad, I should have seen that

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...