The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manos' NA5

nolizma

Plastidip looks great! Much better than when i attempted it lol so I'll be sticking with matt black for now.

Black carpet would tidy it up a load!

Thanks!

The carpet is next on my list. I am planning to change the seats too so Im going to do these at the same time when I manage to get myself some nice seats.

That looks great :cool:

Thanks J :)

Love your supra's interior so appreciate the compliment a lot!

Edited by nolizma (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see you still enjoying the car Mannos! This really was/is an excellent car and becoming more desirable month by month. To think when I sold this it was at the top end of the NA market (and rightfully so) yet to buy the same car again now would be at least 50% more in my opinion.

Anyway, great to see some progress as I have some great memories in that vehicle. If you decide to sell up any time soon, and I'm sure you won't, let me know :)

p.s I'm glad you ditched those horrible arm rests, I stupidly swapped the mint condition original ones for them expecting great things and boy was I disappointed.

Edited by Rich.2211 (see edit history)

Great to see you still enjoying the car Mannos! This really was/is an excellent car and becoming more desirable month by month. To think when I sold this it was at the top end of the NA market (and rightfully so) yet to buy the same car again now would be at least 50% more in my opinion.

Anyway, great to see some progress as I have some great memories in that vehicle. If you decide to sell up any time soon, and I'm sure you won't, let me know :)

p.s I'm glad you ditched those horrible arm rests, I stupidly swapped the mint condition original ones for them expecting great things and boy was I disappointed.

Hi Richard!! Thanks! It is indeed a great car!

I am enjoying it quite a lot and cant wait for the weather to open up to use it more!

You are right, the prices are climbing lately. The way things are now I cant see me selling for at least the next 3 years or so when the american market will open up, except of course if something goes terribly wrong financially and I will be forced to. If something like this happens (touch wood) you will be the first to know.

I have plans for this year for the car so more to come. I already have parts piling up. Happy times! :)

I hope you are well and enjoying your motoring as well! I have lost count now.. Do you still have the R34? We should arrange a meet again when the weather opens up. :)

Hi Richard!! Thanks! It is indeed a great car!

I am enjoying it quite a lot and cant wait for the weather to open up to use it more!

You are right, the prices are climbing lately. The way things are now I cant see me selling for at least the next 3 years or so when the american market will open up, except of course if something goes terribly wrong financially and I will be forced to. If something like this happens (touch wood) you will be the first to know.

I have plans for this year for the car so more to come. I already have parts piling up. Happy times! :)

I hope you are well and enjoying your motoring as well! I have lost count now.. Do you still have the R34? We should arrange a meet again when the weather opens up. :)

Appreciated buddy :thumbs:

Looking forward to seeing it progress for sure, that's a great engine in that car. Having been in a few NA's I can honestly say that was the sweetest engine of the lot.

The R34 went and I kept the Silvia which I've not long done a deal with for an RX7 (which is soon to be for sale) and I may even be looking at another Supra!

Appreciated buddy :thumbs:

Looking forward to seeing it progress for sure, that's a great engine in that car. Having been in a few NA's I can honestly say that was the sweetest engine of the lot.

The R34 went and I kept the Silvia which I've not long done a deal with for an RX7 (which is soon to be for sale) and I may even be looking at another Supra!

Haha your bucket list must be quite short now. Awesome! FD Rx7? Lovely cars!

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Hey Manos, just checking in to see how my old car is getting on!

Hi Rich!

She is fine! :) I hope you are too!

She is resting at the moment as I have a new daily to drive around from and to work.

I have some plans for her for this year.

I haven't been very good at updating this thread.

She has been faultless. Just the usual maintenance and consumables

She had a new set of coilovers, Full alignment by Chris Wilson and now drives better than ever.

I have a pair of leather OEM seats to go in along with dying the carpet black, which is a job i've been putting off for some time but will do as soon as I get some free time. I also have a set of facelift rear lights to go on along with a new front lip which I made up and is a solid version of the active lip. Similar to the one on your last supra.

Next job will be a detail as I start to notice some swirl marks on the paintwork and some minor bodywork, couple of parking lot dents and some stone chips on one of the wing mirrors that should be easily fixed. There are also two small spots of rust starting to appear on the rear arches where you cut them so I need to fix that and also do an underseal when the weather gets warmer.

I am also looking at my options to make her faster. I was set on NA-T as discussed in the past and also have gathered some parts for this, but I am not so sure any more. I think a TT transplant might be a better idea. Still trying to decide.

• 2 months later...

Picked the supra up from Keron this Saturday. It has been with him for the past two weeks for a tidy up and to fit some new parts. I have to say what a nice guy, and I am very happy with the jobs he did!

The rear arches were previously cut and some rust started to appear which was treated and touched up with some paint. A few other imperfections like stone chips and tired door handles were also touched up. and the car was under sealed.

The A/C was refitted and gased and working perfect.

Fitted facelift rear lights and swapped my RMM lip for the OEM active spoiler look. This I made up using a oem lower lip that I bought used from a member and a grams active spoiler blade. I painted it with plasti-dip which does wonders as it matches up with the rest of the trim perfect!

I also swapped my black side indicators for clear ones.

Ok, some pictures.

imageimageimageimage

imageimage

• 1 month later...

So I have been busy for the last few weeks working on the supra.

I managed to get my hands on a nice set of leather seats and while fitting them I thought it would be criminal not to dye my tired carpet.

One thing led to another and I decided since Im removing the seats and the carpet it would be a good opportunity to do a little sound proofing at the rear. Now my car didn't suffer from any annoying noises or rattles but road noise can be a bit tiring while driving on the motorway on a long trip.

So I started taking the interior apart. Like, literally.

As you can see the carpet has seen better days.

At this point it was a bit scary for me as it was the first time I ever did that on any car, but as long as you don't mix up the various clips and screws it's dead easy. Lots of guides on here too that I found very useful.

Taking the rear quarters off it became obvious why there is so much road noise.

The rear arches!

Unfortunately I didn't manage to get a clear shot but I will try to describe for those who don't know.

The vents/intakes that are just in front of the rear wheels and guide air to the rear brakes go through the car at this area. They are plastic/rubber square section tubes that are located just behind the rear speakers. So the actual arch cavity which is hollow acts as an amplifier for the road noise from outside and guides it in the cabin through the massive rear speaker hole on the rear qtrs trim.Toyota tried to counter act that by placing a triangular foam block and a foam matt behind the speaker (visible in the pic above).

So I started by applying deadmat sheets all over the panels in the arch. And then stuffed it with polyester hollow fibre.

To get a more air tight seal and avoid any moisture getting in there I used some heavy duty bin bags and more deadmat.

and also sealed all other small openings.

Same on the other side.

Moving to the boot, I did the same for the openings to the rear arches with the exception that I didn't seal it off completely but used my left over toyota foam mats to cover the fibre stuffing. Also covered the boot floor with dead mat.

Moving to the front I added more dead foam on the rear seats and transmission tunnel.

Then I thought thats enough and started putting everything back together.

Moving to the carpet..

Washed it and left it to dry.

Then dye

Next up gave the seats a good clean and leather conditioner

Carpet fitted:

Also got a brand new leather gaiter.

Seats in:

And thats where I'm at at the moment.

I have also sent my speedometer and heater controls out to be converted to LED.

I haven't managed to test the sound proofing yet, but I am confident it will make a difference.

• 11 months later...

It's been a while,

Quick update. Keeping up with the history of the car.

After being off the road for about 6 months it's now back.

I plan to daily drive it over the summer so I sent it off to James aka littlenum for some maintenance, a few issues I wanted to sort and a couple of small upgrades.

Here's what was done:

Rocker cover gaskets

Cam seals

Cambelt replaced

Aux belt replaced

Aux belt tensioner bearing replaced

The rockers were painted

Front crank seal replaced

Engine was serviced with new oil filter, fuel filter, millers 10-50 race oil

The first cat was blowing so a new exhaust gasket was fitted together with a blitz second decat pipe

CW pads were fitted all round together with goodridge brake lines

Brake fluid was flushed out and then bleed system with new fluid

Coolant system was also flushed

2nd diff bush was fitted

Speed delimiter was fitted

The rear tyres were replaced with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 275/40 ZR18

Very happy with the car. It feels great!

The second decat makes it sing and with keeping the first cat on it is not overly loud either, which was a concern!