The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help removing some stock wiring

pete.osborne69

OK as the title says I need help / advise removing some stock wiring

But here's a little background as to why

I had a heater matrix leak (part on the way) and have removed everything from the inside of the car (and I mean every thing) its a shell with wiring and some heater related stuff

Also drivers seat will not go back and forth due to a grinded down cog

Here's the story so far

Now as I have an aftermarket setup and a lot of wires due to having a amp I want to do a full clean install of all my wiring to keep it clean and decluttered, some people will argue that this is pointless and that I shouldn't bother, please don't I know this is / can be a PITA at times but I want this done.

I originally had my amp under the drivers seat will be moved to the boot I have run brand new speaker cable to all of my speakers, the door speakers were a pain. All of the cables run down the right side of the car for the right speakers and down the left for the speakers on the left.

Now for the bit I need help on

I want to remove the stock speaker cables from the car entirely as they are not in use and I done need them and it will save a very little bit of space but I'm a bit of a perfectionist

Also the stock amp has been removed so I want to remove that wiring as well

The electric seat doesn't fully work and will be getting replaced so I want to remove all of the cables for the drivers seat and seatbelt

The drivers seat only has electric adjustment no heaters

Now the problem I am facing is will any of this wiring go into anything else e.g. I believe the open door light/warning goes into the seat cabling and not directly to the iso at the end (or so I believe / what it looks like)

I know this will take time and I've got time and ideally want to get this done before the heater matrix arrives. Also will I be able to remove any fuses etc.

I am not good at reading wiring diagrams either but I know how to follow a cable and remove it from the iso and the next one all the way back to a fuse

Many thanks in advance hope some one can help in some way :)

I don't see how the few ounces of weight and the half width of a gnat's penis is going to make all the difference!

If I bought a car that some OCD nut had removed this wiring, I'd be pretty annoyed! If you're such a perfectionist, why not sort your seat out properly instead of chopping the wiring away??

I'm not trying to offend you - I just feel that anything stock should be kept in place. If, for example, you fit a complete aftermarket stereo, you may want to remove it if you sold the car. You could easily (or so could the new keeper) revert back to stock if so desired.

Edited by straightsix (see edit history)

Guest Roger NE

I agree totally with the last post . . .

But also, if (on your own admission) you're no good at reading Wiring Diagrams then I wouldn't attempt this !

I have a degree in electronics, but even with the Mk3 and Mk4 wiring diagrams, it still took me a few weeks to suss out what to do and then identify the actual cables when doing a 2JZ engine transplant into my Mk3.

Once you put all the carpet and trims back you won't see any of this unused wiring, so as has been stated, there really is no point.