SPG's RSP Project 2014

SPG

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the weds I think you should go for them buddie

:) Thanks bud

The WEDS are nice. Love that wheel. Only thing is that unless you are getting them New with custom widths, WEDS usually don't come wider then 9.5 in that style may even a 10. Check the offsets as well.

I am certainly going to approach these with the view to having a custom width as id like a 10.5 rim on the rear hopefully. Great minds :thumbs:

What about the Weds SA-15s mate - they look good too and still concave.

I will check those out also Stevo, cheers.

The WEDS use to come in 9" front and 10" rear wide, with an et32 which is nice fitment for a supra. Nice looking wheel.

Thanks for the info JP.

Awesome looking wheel. Got an awesome price tag to go with them too :)

I am preparing myself for the worst, so hopefully I will be under that predicted outlay :)

Nice rims. :)

Cheers Luc :)

It will look beautiful with those wheels mate. Great choice. :)

Thanks Tony, I think they should look fresh on the Sup, the lightweight design is where its really at :).

Thanks guys, trying to document each change as best as I can, I'm currently shopping for my Christmas present, but need help choosing.

I am not looking at Polished rims as I have seen what the weather/treated roads do to them, and I want a nice light set of wheels.

The current concave fascination I have, seems best itched by these Weds:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=192448&stc=1&d=1412677463

They are great quality wheels and look fantastic in the flesh :thumbs: I use to have a set of Weds SA-70's on mine.

They are great quality wheels and look fantastic in the flesh :thumbs: I use to have a set of Weds SA-70's on mine.

I agree Nic, funnily enough, It was your threads all those moons ago that made me really want a set of quality Japanese wheels, If i remember correctly these should be a great weight saving over my current Rota winter wheels?

I have been told that they can do the following sizes and Offsets, can the more knowledgeable amongst you please help, as I am not the best with offsets.

So option 1:

18x9 fronts - 114.3pcd - et36

18x10 rears - 114.3pcd - et36

Option 2:

Fronts: 18 x 9 - 114.3 - et 36

Rears: 18 x 10 - 114.3 - et 20

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, long time no update.

Not a lot to report really, just been collecting but so that I can fit them all at once. This car is mostly geared around our annual Applecross run to the highlands.

I have the following to install over the new few months.

- Active spoiler set-up

- New CW SMIC

- SMIC hardpipe kit

I was waiting to fit all three together as it mean I'll only need the bumper off once. I've also order a set of bumper to Wong retainer bars as from experience the old once can sheer when undoing the nut.

Things recently added:

- OEM Recaro Confetti recliners installed

- Billet reverse collar

Brakes and suspension will be next on the agenda, didn't go with the Nitrons at the time, but they are still hot favourites, my wife has also taken a liking to the Weds SA70's I bought, so those are now going on her Sup. Back on the hunt for wheels :D

• 2 years later...

Hey people,

So not a lot to report other than the Sup was not used at all last year as I have been piecing together all the OEM suspension components to refresh the underpinnings. Another reason for the lack of use last year was the addition of my new Red VVTi TT6, purchased from a very good friend who was looking to buy a lot of KFC with the funds.

I’m shockingly bad for not taking many pics of the Sup’s, but here is the only real picture I have to share at the moment. The RSP is also going for a front bumper respray as 5 years of Applecross have left the paint on the bumper looking a little too motorsport for my liking :).

ED113738-A461-4197-A31D-9E8A132AEBBF.jpg

I always forget to take pictures too!

Nice to see it’s not only me who has 2 tt6’s��

It’s one of those things, I’m having such a good time when I’m out driving that taking pictures is the last thing on my mind. But I do have a few photographer friends so no real excuse.

As do i :)

It's not just you pal :sly:

Nice motors SPG, get your ass in to gear and lets see some more pics!

Thanks very much Marty, I have one more for the moment but agree that I need to get my pic game sorted.

A187B51A-61DD-40CB-A14D-6C029A147379.jpg