The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why T's Fortune 03 Continuation build!!!

Why T

Ok, So befor I start I am aware that many people have different views on this kit. This car is for me and I like it, I like any supra kitted or not, its a beautiful car no matter what it looks like. The way I see it is, if you don't like it, Don't look at it. :D

Continuing from this thread/build. http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?131590-veilside-fortune-03

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=188077&stc=1&d=1404889980

So I am very happy to be the one who purchased this shell of Stu via Lee at SRD. As soon as I saw it I wanted it however I could not justify it. That was not to last as they lowered the price and I came to a deal with Stu again via Lee and i am very grateful.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=188078&stc=1&d=1404889980http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=188079&stc=1&d=1404889980

I have always wanted a aero top manual and have had the intentions this year of buying a aero top and stripping it down then rebuilding it to what I want. This shell was a godsend as yes it was a lot of money to buy however in the long run it will have saved me a lot of money as this shell has pretty much been completed already, and to a very high standard.

The shell is currently located at SRD as i am still in afghan and lee is looking after it for me.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=188080&stc=1&d=1404889980

I will be using my current supra as the doner and pretty much use everything from her to put into the Fortune, with some upgrades.

The main changes will be,

PT6266 Gen2

SRD Uprated Intake manifold Kit

Maybe a bigger inter-cooler depending if my current one is big enough for the mouth

Syvecs S6 with various sensors

Aiming to have 600-650BHP, not really wanting much more.

Carbon Fiber Roof

Carbon fiber Bonnet, (no idea how im gonna get one as needs to be made special)

Wing Mirrors back to Carbon

and a Bigger wing as i like to be different.

Then as time goes on i will be changing items like interior, Full ice install etc etc

I am planning on having the car up and running buy Dragon-ball next year without the new turbo etc. I just want to get it on the road.

I may be a little out of my depth with this build so will be asking a lot of questions, I may have BBQ's or little meets so people can come round and either give me a hand or criticize.

Progress will be slowish as i am still in the army, (even though i have signed off) and will only be working on this during leave and on weekends.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=188076&stc=1&d=1404889980

Again a BIG thanks to Stu and Lee @SRD for all they have done, even though the missus is not happy. Thanks guys.

Please Keep all comments relevant to the Build. And again I know this kit is not to many peoples taste however its my car and I like it so thats all that matters :D I like marmite :D

:taped:if a mod wants to move this to Projects feel free. :innocent::run:

Fortune Rear.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

Edited by Why T (see edit history)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

right, pics should work now, had dramas with internet when i was posting this.

Look forward to lots of pics and good to see you are going to keep page 1 updated :)

Good luck

Thanks, i hate going on a project thread and haveing to trawl through many pages to find the most recent updates.

Dude, I thought you were going to keep this a secret :/

Your pics don't work bud.

Try a different uploaded, guessing it's the crap wifi or computers in afghan, as mine were corrupted while I was out there when trying to load up.

Yea it was dude, remember i been planning this for most of the year, its time to reveal it to the world haha.

and yea poo wifi haha

Is this the one I almost bought years back that was a chop job from hard-top to aerotop with no supporting paperwork on how the conversion was done? UHUH been and read the original thread that is definitely the bad boy that had the roof cut out in Japan.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?89277-To-buy-or-not-to-buy&highlight=roof

Thread from when I was going to buy it from Japan

Edited by dangerous brain (see edit history)

Nice project this mate, best of luck with it :)

Thanks bud

Is this the one I almost bought years back that was a chop job from hard-top to aerotop with no supporting paperwork on how the conversion was done? UHUH been and read the original thread that is definitely the bad boy that had the roof cut out in Japan.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?89277-To-buy-or-not-to-buy&highlight=roof

Thread from when I was going to buy it from Japan

Yea it is, apparently the job was very good and before the cage was put into the car was still stiffer than a normal aerotop, now it has a full roll cage in welded to about 10-14 places. gonna be nice and rigid.

• 3 weeks later...

So bought a couple things today,

Daytime running lights with indicators from littler, thank you

Also some nice cam covers from theturtleshead thanks, which I'm gonna send to get powdercoated

Little update, small but all I can do from here. :)

• 5 weeks later...

So I got back from afghan last night at last, yay.

This morning I opened up all this lot.

The covers I'm gonna send to elite finish to get powdercoated along with the AN fittings.

The drls are a lot thinner than the stock size I just hope there what I want.

I'll prob sell on the heckler sidelights as I'm prob not gonna need them anymore.

Getting started soon I hope.

• 3 weeks later...

Update time!!!!!

So it all went tits up on sat just gone. Lee called me up in the morning saything the transport company were pants. didnt help at all, lee did alot for me, changing the rims to space savers all round, raising the car as high as it goes because they brought a trailer that was to small even though i told them all the measurments they needed. anyway long story short, the effed off with no car being delivered. not happy. Lee was an absolute star as per usual.

attachment.php?attachmentid=191404&stc=1&d=1410806501

attachment.php?attachmentid=191403&stc=1&d=1410806501

Thinking about leaving the space savers on haha, its a good look

So now i have to try and get another company to transport my car :(

While i was on tour my Tool box was stolen so this morning me and the Mrs went to go and buy a new cheapish one and then we went up to where ill be working on the car, cleaned it all out and it begins, day one of the build. :ecstatic:

attachment.php?attachmentid=191413&stc=1&d=1410806969

attachment.php?attachmentid=191414&stc=1&d=1410806969

attachment.php?attachmentid=191415&stc=1&d=1410807069

So today i managed to get the skirts off, wings and front bumper. Lights and battery are out. Was only working on the car for about hour and a half today.

attachment.php?attachmentid=191417&stc=1&d=1410809132

attachment.php?attachmentid=191418&stc=1&d=1410809132

attachment.php?attachmentid=191419&stc=1&d=1410809132

The Mrs focused on the interior and rear lights. Considering she has no idea about tools and manual work im proud of her. All boot plastics are out, amp, rear bench and back rest and the passenger seat is out.

attachment.php?attachmentid=191420&stc=1&d=1410809132

Tomorrow ill be starting early so should hopefully get a lot done.

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

So yesterday got quite a bit done. The Mrs got pretty much the whole of the interior out. all that's left is the dash. got it most of the way out but hitting little probs.

I got the inter-cooler out and all piping, radiator and hoses as well as the bottom nick and thermostat. alt belt i cut off and got the alternator off as well as a lot of other little bits and pieces.

attachment.php?attachmentid=191497&stc=1&d=1410977214

Also massive excitement. :woot::woot::woot::ecstatic::ecstatic::friday::ecstatic::ecstatic::woot::woot::woot:

attachment.php?attachmentid=191495&stc=1&d=1410977064

attachment.php?attachmentid=191496&stc=1&d=1410977064

arriving on Friday and i cannot wait. can finally start on her, start little things. excellent.

i think my photos are to big as there are a lot that are not loading to the forum, if a mod could help it would be appreciated.

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg