The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Syvecs autobox full control and paddle shift

GlennK

Dropped my car of at Lee's for fitting of the Syvecs full control autobox extender - and paddle shift system. This should be an interesting mod as Lee's Stage 4 built box should be capable of great things now the original ecu will be removed...

Hopefully will get it all tuned up and race ready for the Supercar event at Dunsfold on 21st June. Will be taking it round the track in the company of Koenigseggs, McLarens and a Lexus LFA...:D:d:d

Of course, I won't be racing it against that lot!

(Yet)...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, can't tell as the Syvecs interface didn't arrive in time :banghead:

So I have the paddles that look nice and feel fine but they don't connect to anything right now...

I'll be on the track tomorrow just using the manual mode shifting. When Lee confirms the parts delivery then we'll get the thing finished.

Then to find another track day...:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Yep - Got the car back and have had a limited test drive - and it's spectacularly fast shifting. Good design too. I can switch the paddle shift in/out by using the O/D button now. And normal Auto shifting still works as normal.

I need to get the Reverse gear select lag removed but otherwise very happy. And the new Toucan touch screen is great. Also I need to replace the original stock radiator as its not as efficient as it should be...ordered a Mishimoto.

I'm hoping to get on the Wings & Wheels track event at Dunsfold end of August.. but there's 20 places left and I think they're looking for the old 60s/70s classic sports cars. We'll see. Then I can give the paddle shift a good thrashing :cool:

• 1 year later...